Chapter 3

"Soldiers!" The sergeant barked as they entered the room. Alex snapped to attention and assumed that Ben did the same beside him. They had finally made it to the sergeant's office once arriving at Brecon Beacons. The only trouble Alex had was from the stairs in front of the building, he tripped over the last one but was caught quickly by Ben. "At ease." They relaxed their stances. "You will be with K-unit again this time. I don't know why and I don't care why but I was told not to let Cub do any of the exercises. However, you are required to stay with Fox at all times. Your timetable is with your unit. Dismissed." They quickly left, Cub only a stride behind Fox.

Despite the fact that the sergeant was required to hold no emotion when it came to his soldiers he was worried about Cub. The disrespecting teen that didn't belong was what he had met the first time he saw Cub. This time it was a level of confidence that only soldiers had, he had an aura around him that demanded respect, and in those moments the sergeant knew that Cub had been to the field. And it worried him. The look in the boy's eyes worried him because there was no look in his eyes. There was no emotion in his eyes that betrayed his secrets or even a flicker of doubt when he walked in. It was absolutely terrifying. His eyes seemed to see nothing at the same time as everything as if he could stare straight through you.

Alex and Ben walked as quickly as they could to the cabin. Ben on occasion pulled Alex out of the way of a running soldier. They didn't bother knocking as they walked into the cabin and straight to the bunk bed. Alex took bottom as Ben tossed his stuff up onto the top. Three soldiers smiled as they saw their old comrade but frowned at the smaller figure that had returned as well. The fourth figure stood unsure what to do as he knew neither of them but the smaller one looked a bit familiar but he couldn't put his finger on it.

"Fox?! What are you doing back here my friend! We thought you got binned!" Snakes, scottish voice filled the air as they took turns hugging him but ignoring the boy.

Fox just laughed, "I didn't get binned, I joined '6. I'm technically retired now though."

"What's the brat doing back?" Wolf all but growled, and their fourth member frowned at their treatment of him.

"Al..Cub is here with me. It's a long story and even if I was going to tell you I'm under the OSA. So don't ask me and don't ask him. Before you ask, he's only watching. He's not allowed to do anything with us unless he wants to and has my aprovel." He paused and looked to gaduge the reactions of the others and that was when Fox spotted the fourth member. "What's his name?"

"Oh he's stingray. He was from the ASIS but then came to us here. His name was X-ray but since we are animals we just changed it." Cub's head snapped up at the name of the fourth member and that was when it clicked.

"Rider!" Everyone looked quickly at him, his unit confused, Fox with something like confusion and fear, and Cub-well Alex with nothing. "Alex Rider. Mate, it's been a while since I saw you, how ya' doing?"

Cub smiled and Fox relaxed when he knew the boy knew the man. "I'm doing fine. How are you? Hope you haven't forgotten that you still owe me that barbeque on the beach." The boy smirked and got confused looks from K-unit.

Stingray had walked closer to Alex now that he was having a conversation with him but the boy was still looking at the same spot he had been before. "There won't be any grenades or mine fields this time, I promise." He smiled and put an arm around the boy in a one armed hug. Fox ran back to the boy even as he flinched under the unexpected motion next to him.

"Don't touch me! Get off." He flinched and pushed into the wall behind him.

Stingray immediately let go of the boy and backed away, he knew a PTSD attack when he saw one. However, this wasn't exactly the same as what it was. The boy slid down to the floor, pushing himself into the wall.