Prologue

I'm running down the street file in hand. I look over at Joey on the other side of the street she got a head start so she's a few feet ahead of me.
She notices me looking and she looks over at me and... sticks her tongue out at me. Completely shocked at the gesture I'm not looking where I'm going. I run into a man holding a cup of coffee in his hand. I spill coffee all over him and I look down at my shirt and I sigh in relief that I didn't get any on me.
"Hey good for you you didn't get any on you but look at me! This is a 500$ suit are you gonna pay for this?"
I snapped out of it and looked at his coffee-soaked shirt. "I'm sorry sir let me write you a check." I got out my check-book and wrote "fuck off!" And Handed it to him and booked off running.
I heard him shout at me to stop, but I was already too far away. I looked at Joey who was a good 30 feet ahead of me. She had slowed to a jog. I cursed to myself. "I'm not going to let this prissy goody two shoes get there before me." I said.
Suddenly I heard a loud Yelp from the other side of the street. I looked over and saw that Joey had apparently broken a heel. I laughed at her and stuck out my tongue. I ignored her flipping me off as I get farther away from her.
"It is so my day."