Pacey

"Well I'm sorry ma'am but we don't do ppp loans anymore. Yes I know other loan places do them but it was proven that ppp loans decreased our sales. Alright ma'am please stop yelling, I'll talk to my manager." I took off my headset and put the bitch on hold. I was just about to get up and that's when I saw it.
I looked out the window and saw a brokerage firm across the street. There was a big sign on the front of the building. It said "help wanted" I had an epiphany of me persuading people to buy shit-stocks and they got poor while I got rich.
I blinked suddenly my mind clear. "I could do that." I thought to myself. I jumped out of my seat picked up the phone and said: "fuck you I'm quitting." Hung up before she could say anything more.
I ran to mr delucas office opened the door without knocking. My boss looked at me with a bewildered look on his face. I flipped him off. "I'm quitting. I'll see you in hell." And slammed the door behind me.
Everybody looked at me as I walked out I smiled, because for the first time I Didn't feel trapped in a box, or a cubicle for that matter. "Goodbye INNATECH."
I walked across the street cars slamming on their brakes trying not to hit me, I barley even noticed. I didn't even know what the hell stocks were. I entered "dean winters: brokerage firm" I walked to the front desk, grabbed a pen and started filling out a resume.
As I was filling it out I noticed that the receptionist was looking at me. She turned bright red when I caught her staring. I smiled. "She's cute" I thought. Nothing wrong with a little harmless flirting.
"Hello." I said.
"Oh Um hi." The lady said.
"I noticed you staring."
She stared at me wide eyed for a second. "I didn't mean... to- but I'm sorry that I-"
"Relax, relax it's ok miss..." I looked at her name tag. "Kennedy. like the president?" I asked.
"Yeah. My used to joke around and say that he was his great-grandpa."
"Who knows? maybe he was." I said enthusiastically.
"Yeah, maybe." She said.
Suddenly a lady walked up next to me and grabbed a form. "She's pretty" I thought. I looked her up and down and saw her neat clothes not a thread out of place. "But too professional." I thought.
In the corner of my eye I saw the receptionist scoff and walk away. I made a small smile to myself as finished filling out my paper and turned it in.