#shorts

17 August 1812

The Russian army has come a long way in retreating, retreating, and avoiding all attacks against the french. Just then the tsar of Russia, Tsar Alexander I, issued an order to dig in at the nearby village of Borodino as they were getting closer and closer to Moscow. Meanwhile, back in Moscow, something was being made, that something that no one has seen before, a new mobile cannon on tracks that can be operated by just three people, one the driver while the other two will do the reloading, cleaning, and firing of the cannon. The wonder weapon or whatever you want to call it, trundled at a steady speed of 33km/h, the caliber of the cannon is much smaller than a normal cannon, and unlike a normal cannon which you had to load in from the front, this was a breech-loading cannon, designed by Paul Nikolai the son of a Farmer this thing was a milestone in the weapons industry of the time.

 The wonder weapon or whatever you want to call it, trundled at a steady speed of 33km/h, the caliber of the cannon is much smaller than a normal cannon, and unlike a normal cannon which you had to load in from the front, this was a breech-loading...

3 units of the Tsar's Mobile cannon division were formed consisting of 6 cannons per unit

3 units of the Tsar's Mobile cannon division were formed consisting of 6 cannons per unit. The unit was quickly sent to reinforce the defensive line at Borodino. Dimitri was talking to his fellow tank members

Dimitri: This contraption seems like it could collapse any time

Petrov: I think the same too, but I believe that the tsar has made the right decision choosing this.

Dimitri: Yea, I do trust the tsar but I'm worried if a musket round hits this "thing" it might explode or something.

Petrov: I understand dimitri.

I will be referring to the mobile cannons as tanks now.

The tanks had reached just in time to hold the defensive line from the french

The tanks had reached just in time to hold the defensive line from the french. Then suddenly, the order was given from high military command to conduct an assault on Smolensk as they had armor and artillery support.

 Then suddenly, the order was given from high military command to conduct an assault on Smolensk as they had armor and artillery support

Gabriel: Sacre bleu, what is that thing!

The tank fires at their position nearly missing them

Louis: I don't know, call in artillery!

Gabriel: ok

Gabriel runs to the artillery members and tells them to fire at the Russian tank.

The tank fires, blowing up one of the cannons. Immediately the Atilley men turn their cannons while some fire their muskets doing virtually no damage to the tank. One of the cannons has finished reloading and fires at the tank. The tank gets dented but can still fire.

Victor: Sacre bleu!

The tank fires at the french artillery cannons, taking them out. Meanwhile in the tank,...

Dimitri: Petrov, is everything alright in there?

Petrov: Yes comrade everything is fine except for a dent

Paul: I'm actually impressed that the tank managed to withstand a cannonball.

Dimitri: yeah, to be honest, it is what the tsar said, it's really a wonder weapon.

The Russians successfully conquer Smolensk within a few hours due to artillery and armored support being present. Napoleon's Russian campaign had failed and ended on 15th November 1812 with the Russians driving Napoleon and his troops out of Russia with significantly higher casualties numbering at 210,000 french troops alone dead or wounded. The Russians have significantly changed history by inventing the tank 102 years ahead of the British (spoilers alert, ww1). The Russians are now becoming richer from exporting tanks and breech-loading cannons to the British and other allied countries. Eventually, the Russians eventually liberated the kingdom of Prussia, the Austrian empire, and many more with the battle of Waterloo took place earlier with the french losing and Napoleon abdicating earlier on 12 March 1813.

The year is 1899

The Russian Empire has modernized its  industry for mass production of its tanks

The year is 1917

The Russian empire, there is no revolution as Russia has become a global superpower and has managed to defeat the german empire with the allies and the United States. The UK started produced its own tanks in 1915

The year is 1939

Nazi Germany Invades  Poland its allies, including Russia, aid Poland and sends in reinforcements. Japan to invade Russia. WW2 has started.

December 1941

Japan destroys pearl harbor, and America joins the war with Russia, Poland, China, Brittain, and its allies.

the year is 1945

WW2 ends earlier on February 19th.

The year is 1947 

Relations with the United States and The Russian Empire are improving, Alaska is still owned by The Russian Empire and has found oil there. The cold war does not happen.

The year is 1960

Russia goes to space.

The year is 1965

The Russian Empire has become Russia democratic just like Brittan and the United States, they hold the first elections to elect a prime minister.

The year is 2020

Russia has become the most powerful countries and relations between The United States and Russia are good. 

The year is 2021

Russian scientists have stopped covid-19 with the vaccine and have a working base on the moon with the United States. Russia has one of the longest-reigning monarchies in the world. There are no communist countries, china is democratic and north and south Korea is united under one government.

End of alternate timeline shorts.