Realisations

“Morning, John.” Sherlock says, upon hearing John enter the room.

“Have you been there all night?” John asks, rubbing his eyes as he walks into the room.

Sherlock looks up from his position on the couch and sees John stretching and yawning; his t-shirt rising and showing off some of his stomach.

Sherlock gulps and throws his arm over his eyes again.

“You alright, Sherlock?” John asks, looking over at the young detective having heard him gulp quite audibly.

“Yes, yes, fine.” Sherlock snaps, still not looking at John.

“I’ll make us a brew, shall I, Sher?” John replies, rolling his eyes and heading to the kitchen.

Great, he’s in one of his moods again. So much for a peaceful day with Ariana. Hum, I might take her to the park. Leave the moody bastard to mope. Yeah, that would be nice. Me and Ana have barely been out since we moved in here. 

John thinks as he makes two cups of tea, knowing Sherlock will probably not even look at his own.

Ah well, it’s the thought that counts, as mother used to say. Maybe he’ll show some appreciation by not shooting the walls or leaving his experiments in the …

“Sherlock! There’s another bloody head in the fridge! Why?!” John exclaims, slamming the door shut. 

For fuck’s sake. Why does he do this?

xxxxxxxxx

Sherlock doesn’t reply as he’s currently in his mind palace.

John’s t-shirt rising and showing off his stomach. That well-toned, nicely tanned stomach that you’d just like to run your tongue… Stop, Sherlock!

You don’t have feelings for John! Your hand didn’t tingle yesterday when his fingers gently grazed yours and you didn’t feel aroused before when his t-shirt … Stop It!

“You alright, Sherlock?” John’s sweet voice asking softly about your well-being.

So kind and considerate, and so gorg … Stop torturing yourself, Sherlock.

“Yes, yes, fine.” You really shouldn’t have snapped at him, he was only concerned. It’s only natural, he’s your friend.

I don’t have friends!

“I’ll make us a brew, shall I, Sher?”

Sher? Did he realise he said that? Maybe it’s just a nickname, like Harry or Johnny.

Maybe, it’s more. You know what Sher means don’t you, Sherlock? It’s a word for darling or dear. What does that tell you, mmm?

Shut up! I can’t think!

xxxxxxxxx

“Shut up! I can’t think!” Sherlock shouts out loud.

“Sherlock. I haven’t spoken for ten minutes. I tried getting your attention but you weren’t listening so … I gave up. I made you a brew.”  John replies, the last might coming out a bit sheepish and causing him to blush a little.