Chapter 1

"Being a hero doesn't mean you're invincible, it just means that you're brave enough to stand up and do what's needed."

-Rick Riodan-

***

Warm puff of breath gathered in the air as he exhaled his first breath in Moscow. The first thing he saw as soon as he left the airport was the vast amount of snow gathered on the side of the road.

People around him were mostly wearing fur coats or a thick layer of winter coat. He wondered why he thought visiting the place in winter was a great idea. Yet there he was, dragging his luggage to find the nearest taxi.

Damian had a high expectation for the next week. He did not know what made him decide to visit the city after all these years, he had never been a fan of the colder weather and always preferred to stay in the warm.

Perhaps it was due to his change of perspective toward the world, after hitting his 30's, he had tried to be more open toward the possibilities in life which he had actualized by traveling all around the world for the past three years.

Damian has stepped his foot on most part of Asia and several regions of Europe, but for some reasons he had never visited Russia before.

He had to admit, it was a bit different than what he had expected. Much colder than his initial thought, that was so sure, but he was wrapped in three layers of winter outfit, so he would be just fine.

After fetching a ride, he gave the address to the driver as he fastened his seat belt, enjoying the drive in peace. Thanks to the advancement of technology, he did not have to book a hotel during his stay.

Instead, he was renting an apartment in the middle of the city which would be much more reasonable than spending a week in a hotel without actually staying in the hotel the vast majority of the time.

Looking outside the window, he caught his own reflection on the car's window, which encouraged him to reflect on himself.

For the past four years, Damian had tremendously changed both physical and personality wise, to the point where he could no longer recognize his old self had someone shown him a picture.

Mentally, he had definitely matured, he used to think of the world in a narrow way, where there was only one fixed solution to everything while ignoring other possibilities, but there had been many things over the course of the years that changed him.

The robbery incident he experienced a few years back made him learn martial arts as well as street fighting techniques, both had influenced his mental growth, as the body and mind are connected. It also came as a package with a workout routine which had built and shaped his body for the better.

Damian was a lot more muscular and ripped. His shoulder had slightly broadened and he developed a six pack, though he was not as muscular as Jordan, he had what women would call "a desirable body" for men. Just the perfect in between skinny and massive.

His physical change was so drastic that most of his old outfits had become too skimpy for him to wear, furthermore, as of lately, he had been gravitating more toward simplicity, which made him wear mostly black from head to toe. He also underwent a lasik surgery just like his sister Scarlett to maximize his efficiency during his training.

Beside physical training, the change in his diet and routine had also made an impact on his facial appearance, he was a bit more youthful despite being thirty.

Most would say he looked better than he was four years ago, though he was not as chiseled as Carter nor as smoldering as Enrique, but Damian was definitely a hunk in his own way.