♔The Truth Untold♔

"People reveal themselves through their actions.."

"Your majesty.."

Jungkook turns around to see Haneul walking towards him with a shy smile plastered on her face, causing the former to raise his eyebrows in confusion.

"Hmm?"

"Umm.. I wanted to say something, since a very long time", she bites her lips and mumbles.

"What is it?", Jungkook asks in a bored tone, urging her to get it over with the sooner the better.

"I-I l-like you, Jungkook."

"WHAT?", Jungkook shoots up from the bench, gasping as he covers his mouth in utter shock.

"I've been meaning to say this from a long time Jungkook and now, I finally got the courage to do so", she smiles, but Jungkook was at a loss of words right now.

What should I reply to her? I can't reciprocate her feelings, now or anytime soon.

Why?

He himself does not know.

"So?", Haneul asks as she steps closer to Jungkook, who takes several steps back. He didn't have anything to do with her.

"Umm, I'm really sorry Haneul but I don-"

"I knew you'd say something like that", she smirks with hands crossed against her chest as if she was not at all taken aback by his response, "So it's time for plan B."

Jungkook was beyond perplexed at this point.

Plan B? What do you mean by plan B? And why is she smirking like that? God, she sure is an evil witch!

"What are you even talking about Haneul? I don't understand...", Jungkook asks, and before he knew it, Haneul was already walking towards him, a sinister smile adorning her lips.

"What do you want?", Jungkook raises his voice by a bit, and his breath hitches when a knife was pressed against his neck, just above his collar bone as soon as the girl shifts her position to stand right behind him.

"What the- what do-"

"Jeon Jungkook, son of Jeon Myung-Dae. So glad to meet you", her tone changes, smirk deepening as she starts pressing the knife further in against the pale skin hugging the boy's neck.

"Perfect deer to allure the lion."

Jungkook screams in agony as the knife sinks further in, blood trickling down as it cuts the porcelain skin, and so he kicks the other's knee from the back, making her loose balance and fall forward.

Jungkook tries running away when he notices several guards blocking the path to reenter the palace, and soon he knew he was trapped.

"How naïve of you to think your guards are loyal and will protect you at all costs huh?", he hears the sickening voice of the other, "No one would want to remain loyal to such a filth of a king!"

"Stop talking about the king like that", Jungkook bellows as he turns back around to face her.

Yes, he absolutely hated the king but nonetheless, before he is the ruthless king, he is his father, and thus he did have an ounce of respect left for him.

"Why do you care? I thought you hated him with a passion", she says as she inches closer.

"Why do you care about my feelings for him?", Jungkook crosses his arms, "I don't care what he has done to me but he's your king so address him with a little bit of respe-"