17- Horror movie

I was going to release a new chapter at 500 reads but now it's suddenly 700?!

Also thank you for 69 votes ;-)

George didn't have as many nightmares the next night so he slept in his own bed. Obviously Dream didn't want him to have more nightmares but he couldn't help wish that he could comfort him and get extra George time.

Dream wanted to do something special with George to make up for what happened at the party and they ended up deciding on going to the movies. They asked Sapnap, Quackity and Karl if they wanted to come but they said no. But Dream knew they only declined because they were trying to set the two up.

They hadn't really talked about what happened at the party yet but they knew they'd have to at some point. They couldn't just pretend it never happened.

Dream dreaded it but eventually he spoke up. They were driving to the movies and Dream thought this was a good time to do it. The movie would instantly take their minds off the conversation afterwards.

 "Can we talk about what happened?"

"What happened?"

"I know you know what I'm talking about."

George sighed and looked out the window. "Fine. What about it do you want to talk about?"

"George, you were assaulted. That's a big thing."

"It doesn't have to be a big thing if we don't make it a big thing." He was still looking out the window, avoiding eye contact.

"Do you want to tell the police... or maybe think about therapy?"

"Listen, I know this is all new to you but I'm pretty used to this stuff by now so I'd appreciate it if we talk about something else" George snapped, only just realising what he just said.

Dream was speechless for a second. Used to this stuff? Has this happened to him before? He thought it was better not to ask questions right now as George was already quite worked up.

"Please don't be mad at me." Dream said, glancing at the small brunette beside him.

George turned to face him. "I'm sorry. I'm not. I get that you're just trying to help."

The car ride had only five more minutes left but they managed to forget about the conversation already, making jokes and laughing until they got to the cinema.

Dream bought George sweet popcorn and got himself salted before they walked into one of the rooms. It had a lot more people than expected; they picked this romcom specifically so it wasn't too crowded.

"This movie came out ages ago. I wonder why there are so many people." George whispered and Dream nodded in agreement.

The adverts were rolling and to pass the time, the two tried throwing popcorn in each other's mouths which got a few weird looks from the people near by but they didn't care.

After five minutes of messing around, the movie started to play. Immediately it showed a girl getting gruesomely killed and the two looked at each other. Dream had confusion in his eyes but George had utter terror. Then Dream realised.

"Ohhhh" He chuckled quietly.

"W-what" George couldn't keep his eyes off the screen even though it was horrifying.

"We're in the wrong room. This is the new jigsaw movie." 

George froze.

"What are we waiting for? Lets get out of here!"

"Not so fast. I did want to watch this." Dream smiled. He knew what he was doing.

"Um... Alright I guess it could be entertaining." George hated scary movies but he really wanted to look cool in front of Dream. I just can't let him know I'm scared, Should be easy... right?

Wrong.

The first jump scare came up and scared George half to death. Without thinking, he grabbed onto Dream's arm. However, Dream played it cool and pretended not to notice.

Half an hour into the movie and George was shaking while still gripping onto Dream.

There was another jump scare and he simply couldn't take it anymore. He suddenly hid his face into Dream's chest, caring about looking cool was not even a thought anymore.

Dream couldn't pay attention to the movie. Or the constant jump scares. Or even the people giving weird looks at them. He could only focus on George. His body was twisted so he could still sit on his own seat but his face was buried deeply in the blonde's sweater. Dream became hyper aware of everything he could feel: George's hand squeezing his arm whenever there was a loud noise, his other sweaty hand holding the blonde's, his breath on the man's chest and his heart beat which was extremely moving fast.

They stayed in that position for another half an hour until Dream leant down and whispered into George's ear. "Do you want to go?" He really didn't want let go of George but he noticed how the brunette just wasn't calming down and knew it was the right thing to do.

George didn't say anything, he just nodded and the two got up, shuffling past the row of people.

When they were out, George finally started to relax, though he didn't let go of Dream's arm.

"That was a fail." George sighed. 

To Dream it was a big success but he hummed in agreement.

"Why don't we try this again tomorrow? We can watch the movie you wanted to see." Dream suggested.

"Good plan." 

He turned bright, realising that he'd just clung onto Dream for half an hour. Then he turned an even darker shade of red when he realised that he was still clinging onto Dream, letting go immediately. They both missed the warm touch but they knew they couldn't do it again. The moment was over. But they were happy that they got to touch each other at all.

~937 words~

I know it's cliché that George got scared at a horror film and cuddled into Dream but it was too cute not to do

Emoji: 🪒 Is it a pocket knife? I'm scared

-Esme