The beginning

Apart from being a prince of the Kinoko kingdom George's life is pretty dull. He got no close friends to share his secrets with and no comfort from his parents. Even though he both has an older and younger brother he doesn't have anyone to hold, no one to dance in the rain with, and no one he can call his own.

But everything changes the day a new guard comes to the castle. His emerald eyes catch Georges's brown ones and from that moment there is no going back. Will they be able to keep their secret for long enough to get their happily ever after? But after all, a guard can't fall in love with a prince.

In this story, Georges is the second child of the queen and king of the Kinoko kingdom. Karl is his big brother, soon to be king, and Sapnap is his younger brother. There will be no smut in this story but fluff and maybe a little lime. I will put trigger warnings at the beginning of chapters with content that some people will find uncomfortable, disturbing, or get triggered by. If George or/and Dream someday get uncomfortable by DNF and fanfiction I will put this story down. This story doesn't follow the Dream SMP lore. Some of the events are inspired by the book series The Selection by Kiera Cass. I'm not shipping the real people just their characters and how I see them in my mind.

The cover art is not mine, credit to penumbra on Instagram. Artcretit for the drawing at the beginning of chapters goes to paper_mars and navimeraki also on Instagram.

Feel free to leave suggestions and feedback in the comments. Hope you enjoy! <3