Captain Rogers

You don't know how many times you've walked past his apartment, debating if you would knock on his door.

You haven't seen him in awhile after your late night talk. After a week you decide that enough is enough and you walk up to his door.

You knock and wait. No one opens. You knock a little harder, but that doesn't work either. You give up and try again tomorrow. You start to walk away but run back up to his door one more time.

You knock and say; "Hey mister Rogers? Are you home?"

A door opens, but it isn't the one in front of you. The voice of misses Jones appears in the hallway

"I haven't seen or heard him in a while, doll."

You turn around and the old lady gives you a sorry smile.

"Maybe he is on a hero job or something, you can try it again tomorrow." she says and closes her door again. You look at the time and realize it's her afternoon nap time, you hope you didn't wake her.

On a hero job? You think to yourself as you're back in your apartment. You hope he's safe. For a moment there you thought he might had left te building, without a goodbye. But misses Jones' explanation made more sense.

———

For the next two days you did the same. However, both times no one opened.

You had just tried it again, but with no luck. You sit down on your couch and search for a movie to watch.

You hear loud stumbles come from the hallway and a door open. Steve?

You don't want to come over as a stalker, but he's never this loud. You get up and decide to take a look.

The door is already closed when you enter the hallway.

"Mister Rogers? You alright?" you say as you knock on his door.

You wait as you hear a man groan and grunt coming closer towards the door. He finally opens up and you look at a demolished Captain America.

"Oh my god, Captain Rogers, are you okay?" You run up to him and support him towards his sofa.

"Let me get my first aid kit." you say a bit panicked.

"I have one in the left cabinet of my kitchen counter." says the bleeding man lying in front of you.

You hurry over to his kitchen and search for the kit. You've found it and you open it up. It's empty. You notice that he has more than one kit in his cabinet. You grab one of the others and open it up to see if it is complete. This one is.

You make a towel wet and walk over to Steve. You help him take of the upper peace of his suit. You know he was muscular, but damn those pecs. You dab the towel softly over his chest and belly. When he is a little cleaner you disinfect his wounds with some alcohol, he doesn't flinch.

You look at his face, he seems to fall asleep. He must be exhausted. Before you get up from putting bandaids on the biggest wounds, he whispers

"Thank you miss Y/L/n"

After those words he dozes off. You clean up the mess and put down a glass of water besides him for when he wakes up. You go back to your own apartment and give him the sleep he desperately needs.