Two Birds - Regina Spektor

"Two birds on a wire"
Scott and Jimmy were sitting on a bench looking at their small lake

"One tries to fly away"
Jimmy stood up and walked to the edge of the lake "We should go swimming today, do you think that's a good idea?"

"And the other watches him close from that wire
He says he wants to as well
But he is a liar"
Scott smiled at his husband. He wasn't really in the mood, but he'd swim of that made Jimmy happy. "That's a great idea, Jimmy"

"I'll believe it all
There's nothing I won't understand
I'll believe it all
I won't let go of your hand"
Jimmy smiled and walked over to Scott. He took his hand and walked over to the water. They took their shirts, shoes, and socks of and got in the water wearing their pants. Jimmy took Scott's hand again

"Two birds on a wire
One says c'mon"
Scott and Jimmy swam for a while Scott loved watching Jimmy when they were in the water. Jimmy was so happy. Scott wanted him to stay happy, but Scott didn't want to swim any longer. It was getting dark, and Scott didn't want a mob to come along and Jimmy to lose his last life.

"and the other says 'I'm tired'
The sky is overcast and I'm sorry"
"Jimmy, we should stop swimming, it's getting dark and I'm tired."

"One more or one less"
Jimmy smiled and said, "Ok, I'm glad we spent this day together, for just us. No Sand People, No Dogwarts, No Castle, just us. A day for us. And it was nice."

"Nobody's worried
I'll believe it all"
Scott looked at Jimmy's smile. God, he wish he could spend a million years in the presence of that smile, but everyday could be Jimmy's last and that scares Scott. But he'll ignore that for now.

"There's nothing I won't understand
I'll believe it all
I won't let go of your hand"
"Jimmy," Scott said as they got out of the water, "Do you want to sleep in my house tonight?"
"Ok, I'd like that." Scott took Jimmy's hand and they walked to Scott's house. They both got changed in to some sweatpants and t-shirts.

"Two birds of a feather
Say that they're always gonna stay together"
Jimmy and Scott got into Scott's bed. Jimmy's head was on Scott's chest and they had the blanket over them. "I love you, Jimmy" Scott said.
"I love you too, Scott," Jimmy said. Scott ran his hand through Jimmy's hair until Jimmy fell asleep.

"But one's never going to let go of that wire"
Scott's last thought before he fell asleep was, "I need to protect Jimmy, as long as possible, no matter what."

"He says that he will
But he's just a liar"
*THE NEXT DAY*
Jimmy was in the bunker with Scar. Scott said he'd come back to Jimmy after the fight, but Jimmy was worried. Scott had just lost his first life. Jimmy tried to get down the ladder of the bunker to try and escape from Skizz's arrows

"Two birds on a wire
One tries to fly away and the other"
Then the arrow hit Jimmy. Jimmy felt it. And he fell. His vision blurred.

"Watches him close from that wire"
Scott's communicator went off. It was Scar. Scott picked up. "Scott! Jimmy's hurt! Hurry, he's unconscious, but still breathing!" Scott ran. He sprinted fast as he could to the bunker. He got in and saw Scar
holding Jimmy. Scott took Jimmy from Scar.
"Jimmy, don't go, please don't go," Scott said tears threatening to fall.
"I'm sorry, Scott, I love you," Jimmy said.
"I love you too, Jimmy" Scott kissed Jimmy. He could feel Jimmy kiss him back. A few seconds after they pulled away,
Jimmy died. And Scott avenged his husband with the help of Grian after he left Jimmy on the floor of the bunker. After the battle, Scott buried Jimmy.

"He says he wants to as well, but he is a liar"
'I could have protected him better. I should have stayed with Jimmy, not Scar' Skizz should've shot me instead. Then Jimmy would be here.
A few days later Scott died, but too soon. He wasn't able to defeat the red army, now that was up to Grian and Scar.

"Two birds on a wire"
"It's Home?" Scott asked Jimmy in the afterlife.

"One tries to fly away and the other"
"Home," Jimmy said wrapping his arms around Scott as Scott cried into Jimmy's shoulder

AN

Haha! Angst in the first chapter! Hope you liked it! This book is basically Flower Husbands oneshots inspired by song lyrics. I take requests! Just give me songs I should use! Thanks for reading this chapter and I'll write another if you guys tell me a song.

-Cy<3