CHAPTER 15 - Healing Takes Time

1. POV

You have PTSD in this story, you get panic attack when it rains heavily, and there's thunder

Angst - ?

Aged up - You and Finn are living together

~~~~~~~~~~

I was finally back from the hospital. I luckily survived the accident, but my mother didn't. We were out driving in heavy rain, when the roads just got too slippery, and my mom drove off of the cliff, and the car landed head first in the water. My mom was knocked unconscious, and almost drowned, but luckily, I got out of the car in time. It was raining heavily, and lightning struck left and right, while I tried to get my mom out of the car, but she was stuck on something, and I was panicking too much to hold my breath for longer periods of time. Then after some time, someone came and helped us out of the water, but my mother was already dead.

I made it to the hospital, where Finn, my best friend at the time, was waiting for me. He was there by my side, when things were rough, even though he was trying to start his acting career. And that was maybe why I fell for him, because as soon as I got discharged, we started dating.

But ever since I got out, and it started to rain heavily, and thunder would strike, I would get severe panic attacks. But Finn was there for me. He helped me calm down and snuggled up to me every time. But this time, he wasn't home.

I was walking around the house. I had seen in the weather forecast that it would rain, but I had just brushed it off. It didn't seem to be that much anyways. And the sun was shining. I made it to the kitchen and started to make some food for myself, when I could see it started to rain a little bit. I wasn't too worried about it again. Bit still a little. I finished my food fast, and walked over to the TV where I turned on and saw they were showing Friends. There was nothing else to see, so I put the remote down and walked over to the kitchen where my phone was to see if Finn had texted me. But there were no messages. That probably means that he was still busy filming. I put the phone down again and walked over to the couch and sat down, and started to watch Friends.

But then the rain got heavier. I could feel my heart beat a little faster, and it felt harder to breathe. I tried to just focus on the TV, but all the memories came back to me. I could remember vividly how my mom's lifeless body was just stuck in the car, in the water. And then Lightning struck. I almost couldn't breathe now, I tried to get up from the couch, but my legs had given in. I forced myself to walk over to the kitchen at least, so that I could get my phone and text Finn, but I couldn't make it. I dropped my food on the ground and hurried to the bathroom, where I hid in the bathtub. I was shaking violently, and the tears were strolling down my face, they wouldn't stop coming. And all the memories. Everything was too much for me. I didn't know what to do. All I could do was try to get this under control somehow, and wait for Finn to get home. Him and this stupid acting.

I didn't really mean that. He liked acting, and I supported his dream. I also loved watching him on screen. But this just showed that I can't always depend on him. He has a life of his own. Maybe he wasn't filming outside today, and couldn't hear the rain and thunder?

Too many thoughts were going through my head at this point. I couldn't handle it!

~~~~ POV Change ~~~~

I had been filming almost all day. I was so tired in the end, that when I finally got a break from filming, I decided to take a nap in the break room. I woke up some time later, when someone woke me up, saying that they were done for the day. They couldn't film the rest of the scenes because of the rain. I didn't think much of it at the time, so I just got up and packed my things and left. I got outside, and that was when I saw just how much it was raining. I ran to my car, and hurried home.

I got home safely, parked the car, and ran inside.

"Y/N!?" I yelled out for them, but I didn't get an answer. I could see that the lights were still on and that the TV was still showing Friends. Y/N must have been watching that before the rain started pouring down. I walked around the house, where I also saw some food on the ground. I tried to yell for Y/N again, and this time I got an answer.

"Y/N!"

"Here-" Another thunderstruck struck and I ran quickly to where I could hear them from. The bathroom. I ran in there, opened the door very dramatically, and saw Y/N curling up in the corner of the bathtub crying and shaking.

"Y/N! I'm so sorry!" I quickly took off my wet jacket, before hopping in the tub with Y/N, and hugging Y/N. Holding them in my arms, trying to calm Y/N down.

"I fell asleep, I should have just gone home, I-"

Y/N put their hand over my mouth. Not very harshly since Y/N didn't really have any power left, but Y/N still put her hand up to my mouth, before snuggling closer to me.

I held Y/N tighter, and we ended up falling asleep together in the bathtub.