CHAPTER 32 - Big Sister

I had been close to my big sister almost all of my life. We had fun together, she would help me with my homework when mom and dad were too busy. We were there for each other, so what went wrong? I don't even think I can answer that.

One day she just stopped caring. She would yell at me, I had to learn to do my homework myself. She scared away most of my friends except for one. Finn. He saw through all of her facades, and saw how cruel and manipulative she was. But I would be lying if I said I never expected for this to happen.

Finn came over one day and told me that he had a crush on someone, but didn't know how to tell them. He wanted to tell them before it was too late. I understood, and promised him that no matter who it was, I would help him. I shouldn't have promised that, because I think you know where that went. He was talking about my sister. I was quite mad at him for some time, but just ended up helping him because he was my friend. Maybe he could help change her?

"So, you called me over to your house for what?" I asked Finn who had asked me to come over to his house quite late in the evening.

"What do you think?" He asked me, turning around and showed me a little bracelet. It was cute. And I told him that, and he let out a sigh.

"I don't know it feels and looks kinda cheesy," He then said, dropping his arms down along his sides. Then it was my turn to let out a sigh.

"I genuinely think it is very cute. And sometimes it's the thought that counts." I said to him, grabbing his arms, trying to comfort him. Giving him a gentle smile. Did he blush?

"I will give it to her tomorrow, I have to practice some lines, wanna help me?" He asked pouting. How could I say no.

We spent the rest of the evening practicing lines. I walked home since my sister was too busy with something else to come and pick me up. It was quite. All I could hear clearly was my own thoughts.

Was I okay with Finn liking my sister? I thought for a long time I was, but I found out some time ago that I wasn't. There was this uneasy feeling whenever we talked about it. I hated it. So I tried my best to bury that feeling.

I made it home and I could hear laughter from the living room so I walked in there to find out who my sister was with.

"Hey who are you-" I started asking but quickly stopped myself when I saw her sitting on the couch with her ex, Ben. You know the typical douche that everyone dates at some point in their lives. But why was he here?

"What is Ben doing here?" I asked, crossing my arms, and glaring at them.

"Isn't he allowed to be here?" My sister said to me, turning around, giving me her full attention. How sweet she thought she would win this soon to be argument.

"Well, I just thought that you were over that douche like ages ago, you told me so yourself." I said to her, taking a step towards them.

She was now glaring at me. If eyes could kill, I would be dead.

"Let's go Ben, we can be alone in my room," She said, taking Ben's hand and leading him up the stairs.

I couldn't let her do this. I had to do something to help Finn, even though it would pain me to do so. I followed them and yelled after them

"You can't be serious! There is someone out there that likes you way more than that douche!" I yelled after them and My sister turned her head around.
"Who?" She asked, stopping and crossing her arms, looking at me.

"I can't tell you, but he will tell you tomorrow-" I started but she cut me off.

"Well, too bad, this man wants me now," She said before continuing up the stairs, and into her bedroom.

---

The next morning I got up early to get ready. I had to be there before Finn so that I could tell him. He would just be embarrassing himself in front of everyone! I grabbed some fruit and ran out the door. Finn told me what time he would be arriving, and I would make it just in time if I walked in the same pace-

I got a text. Finn was already there? How? Why? I texted him back asking why he was there so early, and he replied with a screenshot of my sister's story. She was already there as well?! I started running towards the school now. I could see it!

I got to the school but no Finn was there. I looked around some more, before running inside the school to find my sister. He must be where she is, I thought. I walked into the school, and right by the lockers she stood, flipping her long blonde hair.

"Hey! Have you seen Finn?" I asked her clearly out of breath.

"You mean your loser friend?" He walked in here and left again, anything else?" She said, leaning up the lockers, chewing her gum loudly.

"No, thanks." I said before running towards the exit. I ran outside and looked around some more, and that was when it caught my eye. I saw some shimmer in the corner of my eye, and then the big curly hair. I ran over to him and hugged him with all I had.

"Did you confess?" I asked him, still out of breath.

"No, I didn't want to." He said, looking at the ground. WHAT?

"Why didn't you? You even bought that bracelet-" I started but stopped when I saw him looking at me.

"I realised I didn't like her as much as I would have liked to, and besides, she is with that douche." He said and I laughed a little. He took my hand and slid the bracelet onto my wrist.

"I like you Y/N" He said with a light blush across his face.