Mother of Mine

"Luz...?" Camilla said breathless staring at her daughter. Whiteout saying another word the two wrapped each tower into a tight, and much needed hug. Luz sighed relaxing into her mother'a arms feeling tears well up into her eyes. She didn't realize how much she missed her mom with that had taken place over the past two weeks. When Luz pulled away from her mother's embrace Camilla reached up and grabbed Luz's ear pulling her into the house.

"¡¿¡¿Dónde has estado?!?! I have been looking everywhere for you mi hija! You have some explaining to do."

"Ow, Ow, Mami." Luz said as she was dragged by the top of her ear and sat on the couch, Camilla standing in front of her arms crossed, scowling. Luz looked to Amity who had just finished closing the door and was standing behind her mother. Luz inhaled sharply before giving her mother a quick recaps. "Well, Three years ago I found this place called the Boiling Isles and the people there are witches, and I spent the summer there. I was supposed to go back but the portal to there was closed and I couldn't get back until 6 months ago I found the portal again and I went back. Found my old friends who I now consider my family, almost died like 5 times, learned that dad was a witch, kinda overthrew a empire and maybe accidentally killed my, basically, twin, and now I'm the emperor of said empire that I overthrew, and now I came back, for you." Camilla stood slacked jawed her arms falling to her side, she blinked and raised and eyebrow before speaking.

"You can't possibly be serious." Luz looked behind Camilla where Amity was standing and becomes her over. Amity bad flushed a bright red as she stepped next to Luz, and her small pointed ears were flattened against her head. The young witch smiled and her sharp fang like canines could be seen more than usual.

"I am serious Mami..." Camilla sat down taking her glasses off and setting them onto the side table next to the chair. Luz looked to Amity and then back to her mother, she pulled amity down next to her, gently touching her knee to Amity's to offer some sort of physical comfort.

"So everything you ever said, about witches, and magical creatures...all that stuff in your  journal...it's real?" Luz nodded gently allowing her mother to take it all in. But much to Luz's surprise she watched as tears started to stream down her mother's cheeks.

"I'm so sorry I'd don't believe you Luz..." Camilla sobbed out, Luz knelt down next to her and wrapped her into a hug, "Your father, he used to say the same kind of things... I never believed him...and then he disappeared...I would get so upset with you talking about that stuff because I didn't want you to end up like him...."  Luz stayed hugging her mom for what seemed like and hour until Camilla finally stopped crying and pulled away from her daughter she dried her tears and took a look at Luz's face drawing her thumb across the scar that ran along Luz's face. "What happened to your face?"

"Heh..." Luz cast her eyes to the side, scratching the back of her neck before looking back at Amity who looked like the cat who ate the canary.

"Oh Luz you didn't introduce me to your friend. OH! You made a friend. I'm so proud of you." She said quickly standing up pulling Amity into an unexpected hug, confused golden eyes looked at Luz over her mother's shoulder, Luz smiled and gave her a thumbs up as Camilla pulled away still holding her shoulders.

" Mami, this is Amity...mi novia..." Luz said nervously in a tongue Amity still didn't understand, she stood closer to Amity gently taking her small hand into her own. Camilla's eyes widened looking at both of them.

"Oh, well, it's nice to meet you Miss..."

"Blight! Um, my name is Amity Blight." Amity stuttered out extending her hand for Miss Noceda to shake it. The older woman smiled kindly at her before wandering into the kitchen pulling Amity along with her.