𝘐. 𝘛𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘴, 𝘛𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘒𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘴

╔═════ °•

╔═════ °• .·:·. ♛ .·:·. •° ═════╗
TIME HEALS, TIME KILLS 

"If 'I love you' was a promise
would you break it if you're honest?"
—Billie Eilish
╚═════ °• .·:·. ♚ .·:·. •° ═════╝

"YOU weren't born to be king, Loki. You were born to cause pain and suffering and death. That's how it is, that's how it was, that's how it will be. All so that others can achieve their best versions of themselves." Morbius' words echoed in his mind, tormenting him while questioning if it truly was the path he was destined to. If so, everything he's done to achieve his plan was all just a jest in the eyes of the TVA. Breathing heavily after just moments ago he returned to the interrogation room, grunting in effect to stand up only to glance towards the screen of the Avengers.

"And what about Athena? The one you swore to protect and promised her a future to be together?" The same voice interrogated as he grimaced, a nerve that struck deeper than any knife wound could. His eyes never left the screen as he saw an opportunity, his curiosity really at the thought of glimpsing through the file. Granted he wasn't prepared to view his future but he just had to know. Reaching for the small device, momentarily pausing with short breaths as he started to wind the tape. Images flashed rapidly, wanting to absorb it like a sponge at his actions until he stopped at one.

"I always believed you would one day come back to me just in a different circumstance. But I have to know, why did you do it?" Athena approached him, staring at his prison cell as she stared in disbelief. It was after his capture and to be trialed for his crimes against Asgard, the expression she held was unforgettable in his eyes. The goddess stepped closer towards the enforced glass while outstretched her hand before stopping herself, composing her head high with dignity even if her emotions threatened to spill.

"I had no choice," He saw himself answer, swallowing up his pride, turning his back at her as he refused to look at the distraught face. He yearned for her warm embrace, the sweet moments they shared, the visions they conjured for their future. They were equals— but at that moment, both thought otherwise.

"No choice?! Of course, you had a choice, Loki, everyone has a choice! And you decided to just give up everything we have done together." She persisted, chuckling softly in amazement that he was trying to lie to her.

"I did it for us!" The god declared as his eyes became slightly raged with emotion, feeling his hands clenching to a fist. Of course in disbelief, the goddess placed her hand over the nose to breathe unsteadily. She avoided the cold gaze set upon her, before saying something she'll always regret.

"Loki, there is no us! Not anymore!" Athena revealed in anguish, shocking both current Loki and the one playing on the screen. She clasped her mouth to hold in the sobs, not once looking back as she continued through the pain, "Maybe my brothers were right... We were never meant for each other. And before I go, answer me honestly— did you ever think about us when you chose to do it?"