𝘐𝘝. 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘐𝘴𝘯'𝘵 '𝘉𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘛𝘰 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘶𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦'

╔═════ °•

╔═════ °• .·:·. ♛ .·:·. •° ═════╗
THIS ISN'T 'BACK TO
THE FUTURE'

"Hold on to the memories,
they will hold on to you."
—Taylor Swift
╚═════ °• .·:·. ♚ .·:·. •° ═════╝

TWO cloaked figures hurriedly made their escape, leaving destruction and chaos in their wake. Running through a desolated shopping mall, trying to avoid the Minutemen who were hot on their trail with weapons ready. The taller of the two figures swiftly decided to split up, one heading up the escalator and the other towards the food court. Immediately, the TVA Hunters formed two teams in an attempt to capture the variants and reset the timeline. However, they underestimated the duo who seemed to have a trick on their sleeves.

The male-cloaked figure conjured a decoy of himself to head in the opposite direction, hoping they took the bait. Hiding behind a pillar while they followed the decoy through the long corridor, he snuck up behind one Minutemen and knocked them unconscious. Swiftly getting the limp body before thudding the ground, dragging it away to avoid being seen. The boy glances at the unconscious person before a bright green light surrounds his body, creating an illusion to copy their physical appearance.

Successfully, he blends in with the group as they mindlessly follow the illusion. It worked at first but the boy could only hold the illusion for so long, the longest time was about five minutes. Quickly formulating a plan, he outstretched his right hand to mind control Hunter F-17. He turned on the Time Stick before striking the closest soldier to be pruned while F-17 did the same. Caught by surprise, he expertly dodged their attacks as he summoned his weapon, Uru daggers. Dropping the illusion, the male figure managed to leave them defenseless before pruning them mercilessly.

Stealing the leader's TemPad and a few reset charges, he went searching for his companion. She was on the other side of the abandoned mall, flawlessly striking and blocking their attacks. Creating an energy shield when one of the Minutemen attempted to hit her with a Time Stick before redirecting it to a soldier nearby. Kicking her attacker's legs to fall to the ground before kicking the baton away and swinging her dagger to slit their throat. The remaining standing ambush in an attempt to overpower her yet she creates small energy shuriken or ninja stars to slit and slash their bodies.

He eventually found her by the deserted water fountain, the bodies of the Minutemen at her feet unresponsive. The boy found her tactical approach a bit brutal in terms of leaving them bleeding out to death. But they couldn't have any witnesses, just like how HYDRA used to teach her. She pulled down her cloak's hood to reveal her long brunette hair before facing the boy, slightly annoyed, "We could have gotten killed...."

"But we didn't." He remarked, rolling his eyes discreetly as he held on to the TemPad, scanning through the files and recordings. Droplets of blood fell from her dagger, she carefully cleaned them before placing them back on her thigh holster. The boy groaned softly as he tossed the device to her, "Another bust."