Chapter Three

My dad knocked on my door, progressively getting louder with it. He knew to never come in without my permission, he was a good dad.

My head spun for a few seconds before i picked up my half dead body to face the door. 'Come in' i said, my voice still not fully adjusted to the morning. My dad walked in, all suited up and ready to leave for work. 'It's sunday?' i said, confused at why he was leaving to work on a Sunday. 'the bills aren't gonna pay themselves sweetie' he laughed at my remark. 'but it's sunday' i laughed back. 'anyway, came to tell you i made breakfast' he smiled at me before walking out my room. 'Bye!' i yelled trying to catch him before the door shut fully.

I got out of bed and freshened up: teeth, shower etc. By the time i had got ready it was already 9:30am. I ran down stairs to eat, pancakes! my favourite. I could only indulge in about half the stack before the door rang.

I walked over, somewhat confused at who was here so early. The baker twins. I hadn't even thought about last night, i couldn't even remember clearly what had happened. Joints & marcus? That's all i could recall. 'Hey!' max said before walking past me and into the house 'please, come in' i joked. Marcus gave a weak smile before following his sister. 'ooo pancakes!' max said staring at the meal that was once mine. 'Help yourself' i said, not that it would have mattered as max had already started digging in. 'you have no boundaries' Marcus said to max, somewhat harshly. 'no don't worry about i' i said to make sure no drama broke out. 'You guys are here because..' i questioned, still confused as to why they were here.

'Oh we were sent to collect a pie dish' max said as she walked away from the pancakes on the dining room table and to the kitchen area. 'Oh of course, great pie by the way' i said as i made my way over to the dish that laid by the drainer. 'so it takes two whole people to lug this dish then?' i asked jokingly. 'well mom asked me, marcus just followed over like a stray' she joked taking the dish from my hand. Before i could say anything else she was already heading to the front door, she was so full of energy. 'well okay bye then' i said following them out. As max followed ahead i grabbed marcus' shoulder to get his attention 'i enjoyed last night' i said trying to hint at maybe doing the same again. 'Yeah' he said awfully blandly before walking off, as if i had done something wrong.

I tried to remember what had happened last night, i remembered bits and pieces but it was all so choppy. Nothing bad happened, i'm sure i would have remembered. I knew this would eat at me all day so i had to get answers.

I grabbed my phone and searched through instagram, i went onto max's profile in hopes of finding Marcus. After a few minutes of scrolling i finally found a tagged picture, a family picture portrait it appeared to be. I clicked on his profile and went straight to DM

hey Marcus, it's vani. Did i upset you last night? i'm sorry if i did - i'm not 100% sure if remember what happed.

I sent it before thinking, it was a bit formal? oh well, it was straight to the point.

The rest of the day was pretty boring, dad was at work till 10pm. My only friend was on holiday and i couldn't help but anxiously await a message from Marcus.

I cooked up a lasagne for me and my dad, nothing fancy just an oven one. I knew he'd be hungry when he got home, and so was i. 'sweetheart you didn't have to' he said as he pulled me into a hug. 'have you not eaten yet?' he asked me. 'it's rude to eat without company' i said whilst sitting down to eat. He smiled at me as i repeated one of his sayings. We both basically inhaled our food. I was so hungry and he must have been too.

I made small talk, how was work, do you like your co workers etc. He did the same, though i had no exciting answers.

Once we had finished eating my dad insisted on washing as i had cooked. I happily agreed to letting him do so and took my self to bed. 'good night my love' he said as i took of up the stairs. 'goodnight dad' i replied.

You know the routine, makeup off, skincare and cosy jammys. Once i was ready for bed i checked my phone one last time, no reply. This was killing me, why was he so off?. I put my phone on charge and tried to clear my mind before getting onto bed. Lamp off, quilt on and pillows puffed. I laid down and got ready to sleep.

of course not before i was rudely startled by a quick tap on my bedroom window. I didn't even think twice before going over to open it.

could it have been a murderer? yes. A stalker? yes. Maybe even a wild animal ready to pounce? yes.

but i was willing to risk all that for the small chance it could be Marcus. I opened my window in hopes of seeing marcus there.

but there was nothing, nada. I looked around my balcony and then onto the street. That's when it caught my eye, a lighter on the floor of my balcony. Not any lighter, but my lighter. I picked it up and wondered whether i had left it there or if Marcus had thrown it up to me?

god he was driving me crazy already.