Chapter four

The weekend came once again, i hadn't heard from Marcus or even Maxine. Ellen came over once to speak to my dad about something, but that's all i heard from the bakers.

I didn't have plans, my bestfriend was busy with home life. Me and dad had plans to go to the movies tonight, everyone knows friday nights are best for showings. We had picked out a new horror film, i was so excited as it was part of my favourite horror movie trilogy.

It turned about six and i was ready to go, jogger pants and a cropped vest top clothed me. I had a tote bag full of treats to sneak in also. My dad smiled as he picked up his car keys and walked to the door with me. 'Are you exited sweetie' he asked me as he jokingly nudged my shoulder with his. 'SO exited, i've been waiting for this movie for like a year' i said grabbing my car door. My dad did the same and we both took are seats in the front of the car.

That's when my dads phone rung. He picked it up and the car went silent for a few seconds. 'yes, of course. Il be there' my dad said. God it better not be work, all he's done is work. Of course i was grateful, but spending time with my dad was my favourite thing to do and we hadn't had time all week.

'sweetie..' he said as he sorrowfully looked at me. 'it's work isnt it' i said. He nodded, 'i'm so sorry, i've got to go in it's an emergency', I grabbed my bag from the floor and got out the car, visibly upset. 'fine' i said sharply shutting the car door. 'sweetie i know you were excit-' he said before i cut him off. 'It's fine dad whatever, just go to work il be okay' i said trying to be compassionate but i was still quite obviously mad. 'i promise we will go see it' he said starting the car ignition. I nodded and waved him off.

I couldn't believe he was ditching me, i was SO excited to see this movie and spend time with my dad properly for the first time this week.

I threw my head back sighing loudly. I looked over to the baker house, kind of hoping marcus had seen the whole thing and would offer to take me. But he didn't, it's not like i was living in a wattpad fanfic where all the perfect things happen at the perfect time.

I took myself inside and went straight to my room to get a joint. I scrambled through my draws before realising i was out. Could my night get any worse?
I went back down stairs and picked up my phone. I went straight to my friends number,

you dealing?

i messaged hoping he would be selling. Sometimes he was sometimes he wasn't. He isn't like a proper dealer or anything, just a random high school kid with constantly high parents, which is actually pretty sad. I waited a few minutes but no response, great.

I just decided on some crappy reality Tv and my munch. I sat for about 30 minutes before something caught my eye. Police lights?

i looked outside my living room window and i was right. They seemed to be outside the bakers house, could it be something to do with Marcus?.

I ran straight to the front door to get front row sight, kinda like the movies i guess. An officer escorted someone out of the back, it was... maxine?

Now that i didn't expect, she caught me staring and threw me a 'oops lol' kind of smile. I followed by opening my eyes wide if to say 'what the hell!' . Ellen soon opened the front door looking very angry, she pushed maxine through the door before conversing for a few minutes with the officers. Then she went inside and shut the door.

Huh, i wonder what she did. She didn't strike me as the rebellious type.

I soon returned to my tv show, but i couldn't scrape my mind as to why maxine had been escorted home.

About an hour passed before i decided to go up to my room. As i did i felt something was off. I was suddenly unsettled. I went up to my bedroom door and put my ear up against it, i could hear something. I felt like i was part of a horror movie, was there an intruder?

I decided to forcefully throw my bedroom door forward to scare who was in there. And as i did so i heard a huge bang.

'Ow!' Marcus screamed as he held his forehead. 'what the fuck are you doing in my room!' i shouted startled at the fact Marcus, who had ignored me all week, was creeping around my room. I soon realised i had smacked the door against his head leaving a bruise.

'i was just- uh' he said as he took a seat on my bed. 'please, get comfortable' i said sarcastically. He gave me a death stare. 'i was looking for my lighter' he said as he rubbed his head. 'and you couldn't have just come and asked me no?' i said baffled at what he had done. 'no, i don't want to speak to you' he said harshly. 'what's your problem? seriously why are you so mad at me' i threw back at him. 'i don't know' he said submissively. i don't think he's use to people shouting back at him. 'so i didn't do anything to you?' i asked. 'no' he replied. I had been racking my head ALL week trying to think of why Marcus was mad at me and it was all because he's a closed off, thinks he's edgy stoner boy who can't have one seriously conversation without getting scared off?

I walked over to my draw and grabbed the lighter, which i assumed was mine, out of my draw. 'here' i said throwing it at him. 'you left it on the balcony' i told him. 'oh' he said standing up. As he went to climb out my window i stopped him. 'your aware i have a door yes?' i said. 'your dad?' he asked. 'He's not here' i replied. We walked down to my front door and i let him out. 'oh, and why was max in a police car?' i asked before he left. 'underage drinking with her friends' he replied. 'i could have a bit of that' i mumbled before shutting the door, not bothering to say bye to Marcus.

What a shitty night.