Chapter 9

Adonis pants as he enters his manor, feeling drained after the eighth run of the day.

His birthday is coming up. He's set to turn 17. August 20th.

It's been three years since his beautiful Mabel had disappeared, almost as if into thin air.

Adonis doesn't sleep much, always dreaming of her. It hurts to dream.

He doesn't eat, he doesn't have an appetite or any sort of cravings.

He has remained adamant that Mabel was still alive, having felt her presence in the back of his mind for years. From time to time if he's lucky he could feel her heart beating; or rather accelerating, hinting towards nerves and possible pain.

He runs the perimeter of his pack everyday in hopes of catching her scent in the wind and is known to sleep next to a bush on the outskirts of town; the same bush his Mabel had first appeared.

Adonis has since become the Alpha of his pack, after his father was found dead in the middle of the woods, a suspected suicide.

Beta Arthur had helped him get through the loss as he became Alpha at the age of sixteen.

Adonis was now 6'1 and still growing. His wolf, Excors, has turned into a vicious- almost rabid animal after the loss of his mate. It was so cold and calculated that people stopped calling him by his name, Excors, and has instead called him Fenrir after the great big wolf in Norse Mythology. Excors was certainly humongous for his age and was definitely as terrifying as Fenrir, making him assume the name willingly.

Adonis was a Lycan, that was for sure. Since his fathers death the council pushed Adonis so far that one day he snapped and killed Elder Ortaga. He was a rather rude and intrusive person and died a horrible death that upset Adonis. It didn't upset him because what he did was wrong. It upset him because he liked it.

Adonis liked seeing the horror on the councils face as he ripped out the mans heart before shifting and taking the Elders intestines out and wrapping them around Ortagas throat. Adonis liked the blood that stained his skin and the flesh that fell at his feet.

His wolfs fur was red and before he used to think it was due to the fact he was a Lycan and no wolf in the world was red other than extremely powerful Lycans, but now he knew why. It was the blood of the innocent he had killed in his past lives, staining his fur and giving him a ruthless reputation. Though he likes to believe Mabels reasoning, she used to say it was because "he was a true gryffindor".

Although he had liked feeling in control, and killing that Elder made him feel as such, he had still went to bed that night and cried until the sun rose again.

I'm a monster, Adonis had thought, Mabel won't want me. Not after she heard what I did. She's going to hate me.

Yet he continued.

He continued to kill, continued to strike fear in others and continued to make himself miserable.

His mate was yet to return to him. He would search day and night and come up with nothing. He was no longer the boy who fancied himself an adult, he was the Alpha. An Alpha with a missing Luna.

Sebastian comes around his manor every second day to check up on him and bring him food as she's training to become a chef. She was yet to find her mate and since she was only fifteen, she wasn't planning on finding him or her anytime soon.

Liam was also yet to find his mate and lived at the manor with Adonis. He was the only one Adonis ever fully talked to apart from Sebastian. Liam had expected to be blamed for Mabels abduction but instead became the shoulder to lean on.