𝟛: 𝕄𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕒𝕝

Season 4 Episode 2
'Memorial'

Date: August 21, 2021
Words: 3890
_________________________________

The Overactive Mind Of A Believer The Toxic Thoughts Of An Overachiever Oh Dear, If Only You Could Feel It Toxic Thoughts: Faith Marie

The Toxic Thoughts Of An Overachiever
Oh Dear, If Only You Could Feel It
Toxic Thoughts: Faith Marie

XX

Caroline Forbes is a believer.

She is the optimist one in the group. Always choosing to look on the bright side of things, instead of spinning towards the depths of darkness.

She is an overachiever.

Anyone would notice. The way she wins almost every title the town can offer or how she's ahead in all of her classes. Even the one she hates, science. The insecurities over every tiny detail in her life. She has to be the best, because if she's not, then what's left?

Always second guessing every decision she ever makes. Thinking she's not good enough. Not smart enough. Not pretty enough. That she'll always not be enough. That she's always going to be second best.

Nobody notices her.

Nobody saw how toxic she feels.

She could put on the best Miss Mystic Falls smile she had, and light up everyone else's world; while she crumbles to glass on the inside. She's Caroline Forbes, and everyone only saw what she wanted them to see.

Except for Klaus.

He seemed to know she wanted more, then this small town had to offer. He's able to see past all the fake smiles and the bulletproof walls.

It scares her.

She was supposed to be the bright and bubbly friend, that was always smiling. That's what he seemed to want, but she could tell he seemed to know that the saddest of people can smile the brightest.

He knew that she was used to people letting her down or leaving her alone, that people had only wanted to use her as a replacement for their number one.

Klaus also knew, he had to get out of town.

He didn't want to spend another second in the dreadful place of Mystic Falls. It is the home of the supernatural, and will always attract the most powerful of enemies.

Klaus had made his plan before Bonnie had even been able to start the spell. He needed to get control of his body, and get the hell out of this troublesome town.

He just wanted to leave a message first.

Klaus wanted to make sure Caroline was able to contact him, if she ever needed. She would always be able to come to him. Even though hated him at the moment. He still had to tell her. She was becoming a weakness, though he wouldn't bring himself to say it.
Not wanting to make it more real.