1

Josh sighs as he scrolls threw his phone. He ignores his mom's texts and stays focused on his new roommate. They had extanged numbers about a week ago, when Josh signed up to move in with Elijah. Now they are going over everything, form house rules to what Josh needs to bring tomorrow.
He can't get over the fact that in one more night he'll be on his own. No parents yelling at him or telling him what to do. All of his stuff is already packed, and he's wearing his clothes for tomorrow. His dad knocks on his bedroom door.
"You should get some sleep." His dad says. He grouns and rolls over, away from his door and his father. The man sighs and sits next to his son.
"There's no need to worry kiddo. You two have been talking almost non stop ever since you got each others numbers, he won't hate you for being gay."
Josh sighs, "You mean like mom, who knew me my whole life?"
His dad pauses and lays down next to him. "If you ever need a place to stay, your always welcome here. You and any boyfriend."
Josh smiles. It's been like this ever since him and his dad left his mom. She hadn't liked the thought of a gay son, so her husband left her to make sure that that son will be taken care of. Now she's trying to re-enter both of their lives, but she hasn't changed a bit.
He rolls over and hugs his dad. That's how they fall asleep; cuddle together, tears unshed in their eyes.