3

Elijah was hating this more and more. First he has to get a new roommate, and then his dad wants him to help the family out more. He doesn't enjoy being a villain, not like any member of his family does. Sure he likes using his ability, he's a spell caster, but he doesn't want to hurt anyone. And the worst part is that he's falling for a superhero. And his father would NOT support him.

He looks around his apartment. Today's the day that his new roommate was showing up. That and his friends that are going to be helping him move. That's the worst part. Elijah can handle a new roommate, but all of his friends? That's pushing it. And what if he wants to move out as soon as he sees the pride flag? Not even Elijahs dad is a homophobe. Elijah never had to worry about what someone taught about him being gay. Not since his papa transitioned from being a mama. He was fully supported by the Black family.

But what if this is his first encounter with homophobes? What if his roommate can't move out, but is a homophobe? He calls his older brother, she answers on the first ring. Before Elijah can say anything they start, "Breathe Elijah, in for four." He sucks in a breath, "Hold for seven." They wait. "Out for eight." He breathes out.

He can't help but smile, "How'd you know?"

"I know you bubs. Today is a big day. Your bound to be panicking. I so wish I could be there with you right now." They say.

A sadness seeps from the phone. Not the i-just-lost-a-family-member sad, but a I'm-letting-my-little-brother-down sad. Amber couldn't help that they are the CEO-in-training for their fathers company. And this meeting was planed put long before he needed a new roommate.

He sighs, "Its ok Am. I know that if y'all had your way I would never have to talk to a stranger in my life."

They both giggle, knowing that he was right.

"Oh! Dad says that were going in this weekend. Apparently someone decided to abuse his wife. And we all know that that's against the code."

He nods, even though she couldn't see it.

"I'll be there. Now get back to work! What would dad say if he saw you on your phone?" He teases.

"First off, you called me. Second Dads right in front of me. He's the one who told me to pick up the phone when I didn't see it ringing. So there!" Elijah could hear them sticking out his tounge before the line went dead.

He smiles and walks put of his room to go make breakfeast. And then he hears a key enter the front door. His new roommate is here.