Chapter One

GIR POV: 

I silently watch as the snow falls outside with the other human children are playing out there. Maybe I could go out there too, if I could convince Zim to let me go with him when he has a new plan to concur Earth.

Strange. The human children seem taller then they did a few months ago. Maybe I should also warn Zim of that too. But maybe later though. He's in the middle of talking with our leaders, The Tallests.

I climb down from the windowsill in the highest floor of the base as I hear Zim talking, saying, "GIR and I have a new, evil plan! One that will successfully allow us to take over the Earth! GIR will have an even greater role in it than he did in the last plan!" 

I frown at the word "he." For a while now, I never liked it when Zim used the word, "he" to describe me, not that I ever told him. He'd might get confused.

Making sure he doesn't hear me, I sneak into my little secret space in the walls and look at it all. The little chair I made out of an old dog bed, some books I took from the place Zim calls a store to help me learn to read, a box of crayons I also took from the store, an old, still-working clock on the wall, papers that Zim found useless, and the somewhat broken lamp from the dumpster nearby.

A lot of the things in this room are from either the store, or the dumpster. Like the thing that's the most important to me, the teddy bear, sitting near the lamp.

It was soon after what Zim calls the Florpus Event when I found it. Zim had gone off to the skool he goes to every day when I went out into the dumpster. By then, I was starting to make my little private room when I saw it. At the time, it looked dirty, one of its eyes were missing, and it had some of its stuffing falling out. I took it inside, sewed it up with the help of the Computer at the base, washed it in the sink, found a button, and taught myself to sew the button in to replace the missing eye.

I wanted it tell Zim about it the second he got back, but I choose not to. I cared about the thing, and I feared he might tell me to throw it away. So it stays here.

I only come into this room when I know that Zim's busy. As far as I know, he doesn't know this room exists. He might tear it all down if he found out it was here.

I spend my time in here sitting next to Teddy as I read out loud to him the book in my hand, while keeping quiet, stopping every once in a while to make sure Zim isn't calling me. An hour eventually passes and I close the book. I managed to read a full book today. Setting it aside, I look at Teddy. "Oh, I gotta go, Teddy. I'll see you later." I hug Teddy before leaving the room just as quietly as I entered it.

I continued to look out the window for a minute or so before Zim came in.

"GIR! It's time to start our evil plan! It's time for you to join me!"

I smiles and laugh as I follow him out the front door to start his plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((Writer here. I didn't like how I originally wrote the chapter, so I changed it. I will continue to work on this story though.))