Chapter 2

GIR pov:

We were out of the base for a really long time. I don't know exactly how long, but when we left, it the sun was shining overhead, and as we were getting back to base, the moon rose.

While we were out, I told Zim what I had noticed about the other people. I told him about how they seemed to be taller. Zim only laughed at this. "GIR, they're like Irkens when it comes to that. They grow because they're getting older. But, not to worry. These humans, despite their height, will tremble at the sight of ZIMMMM!!"

So, they're getting older? Well, according to Zim, we have been on Earth for two years. Does that mean I'm going get older too? I asked him, but he didn't respond. Either I was too quiet, or he wasn't paying attention. No matter what it was, I didn't ask again. We instead spent our time with the plan Zim had made.

We were defeated, again. Dib, our enemy, and Zim were arguing again. Dib said something about me not being able to handle the job I was given, even though I tried my hardest. I just got distracted, which happens alot. Zim just argued back, "Silence! GIR is more than capable for the job I gave him, now STOP LYYYYYYYING!!"

Once again, I look away and frown at the word "he." Why don't I accept the word "he" as a word to describe me? And as for Dib saying I might not be able to do the job I was given, maybe I would be able to do it if I could stop getting distracted. But how could I do that?

When we got back into the base, before I went to make some tacos, Zim said to me, "GIR, don't listen to The Dib. He lies. He can't be trusted. You did good today." I smile at this comment as I enter the kitchen to make tacos.

But now I have questions. Do I get older like Irkens and Humans? How can I stop getting distracted so much? Why don't I like the word "he" being used to describe me?

Zim talks about future plans while he eats the taco I made. But I don't eat mine. Not yet at least. Zim eventually goes down to the true base, and when I know he isn't coming back up for the rest of the night, I carry the taco with me upstairs and into my little secret room.

I eat the taco while I practice my reading. I read the final book completely soon after I finish my food. Feeling tired, I pick up Teddy and hug him. "I misseded you, Teddy. I misseded you," I whisper. I carry Teddy with me downstairs as I put the plate in the sink and head back upstairs.

I'm still working on a bed for my secret room, so I just use the dog bed chair to sleep on. I close my eyes, hug Teddy tighter, and begin to fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((Writer here. Welcome to chapter two. I'm sorry if these aren't exactly in character, I'm just going off of my knowledge. I hope you like it either way.))