Chapter 31 - Goodbyes

~Ohm's POV~

I never expected that expression on his face. Watching him as he switches between an expression that seemed slightly amused as if I was just playing into one of plain fear. I shift around awkwardly and glance around searching for some kind of escape out of this. A loud bang causes me to wince and reluctantly glance back towards Gassy finding his fist in his desk and his eyes looking right through me, his mind elsewhere. I... I feel as if I'm in pain right now. I quickly rush forward to the desk, desperate now.

"Gassy please don't look at this the wrong way the truth is my contract ends in a couple of weeks and I need the papers right now but I will be planning on coming back for you in the future please just don't...." I trail off when I see he's not even looking or paying attention to my desperation. Somehow despite being the one voluntarily leaving, I feel my hands clench into fists as panic begins to run wild in my chest. I just don't want to see him like this, with this completely blank expression running through whatever he's thinking about. Clenching my fist I frown and step back, feeling as if nothing I say now will work to help him. Nothing will work. My eyes begin to look around the room before I just shuffle through the folder on his desk and slide the document over to him, my original contract along with the shortening stapled on top. Gassy doesn't react to it and I feel more helpless than ever. I usually know what he wants easily but this look right now, I just....

"What if we get engaged?" I ask suddenly and immediately he glances up towards me for once, the blankness lost finally. Just seeing his eyes glow again makes me relieved enough to forget what I had just told him. Gassy stands up slowly looking to me with an extremely serious gaze, now completely serious rather than the funny silly idiot I'm used to. The sudden serious focus from being completely blank just a moment ago shocks me and for a minute I even hate myself for being so shocked. I know how much this means to him, I know he really wanted this from the beginning and just using it to stop the guilty feeling is selfish. But if it prevents him from looking that hurt I'll do it.

"Ohm, you're serious?" I blink under the focus in his eyes and for a moment I feel as if I should drop out right now before it's too late. Then the fear of seeing him staring right through me with such a scary expression comes into mind. Even more so, the rush of emotions comes bursting through my chest recalling every emotion I've ever felt with him before. Some good, some bad, but in the end they're my favorite moments of all time. This is the guy I really want to be engaged to in the end anyways. I'll manage to convince my parents, I'll absolutely decide to convince him no matter what means I have to go through. I'll do it somehow, he just has to wait. He just has to wait for me even longer. I hold my breath and nod, shutting my eyes tightly a bit afraid of what he'll react like. What if he thinks it's too late now, the past month has been spent all drowning in work all due to the derp crew so maybe he thinks we really aren't serious to each other and I've missed my chance?

"We're going out," Gassy suddenly announces and I quickly open my eyes to find him going around the room, pulling on his coat. Quickly I shake my head and catch up with him, pulling at his arm to try and make him stop.

"What do you mean? We can't just leave, we have work-" I look to him and feel my words cut off instantly when he turns back to me with an almost desperate look in his eyes. He needs this. My grasp on his arm weakens and I look towards his eyes, wondering just what his reaction will be to my eyes. As Ryan he already expressed an interest in my eyes just like everyone else has but just how will he feel about me being a Bella? I banish the thought from my mind. Anything negative like that will have me completely avoiding him and trying to make him hate me again like those dark times.

"We're leaving. I'll figure something out with work but we need to leave," Gassy announces, pulling away from me and leaning over his desk sorting some things out and typing rapidly on his computer. Why did I suggest this? If dad finds out he'll kill me for going ahead and getting engaged when I already have a "fiancee" who I'm going to marry. Gassy will be even more hurt when I break it a second time and I'll be more depressed when I have to break it a second time. Watching Gassy as he quickly sets everything up on his computer probably emailing others to do more work because he's leaving, I feel guilty he's so worked up because of a single statement. There has to be some way, some way to meet up with him and have normal dates with him without my dad knowing. Just like how Veeonica has been living having her secret dates as well. There has to be some way I can keep him. Gassy suddenly clicks one last thing before glancing back at the files on his desk and looking up straight at me.