0416-0420

Chapter 416 Horse Betting

Gu Ning coldly stared at Zhao Kanglin, which terrified him. He couldn’t be more familiar with such a sharp look, and ordinary people could never do it. This young girl couldn’t be simple.

Gu Ning aimed to scare and threaten Zhao Kanglin. Seeing that he was frightened, Gu Ning said icily, “This is the price of humiliating me. If it ever happens again, you can’t bear the result.”

Although Zhao Kanglin felt threatened by Gu Ning’s power, he hated her to death. Thus, he wouldn’t give up on getting revenge on Gu Ning. He remained quiet just because he was badly injured.

Seeing that Gu Ning was so powerful, a woman from Zhao Kanglin’s group felt like she looked familiar.

“Oh!” the woman suddenly said which attracted people’s attention.

“She-she is the young girl who rescued the injured female fan at the airport yesterday!” The woman pointed at Gu Ning in excitement. The woman recognized Gu Ning’s face.

“What? She is the young girl who rescued the injured female fan at the airport yesterday?”

“It’s her?”

Hearing that, those who had heard the news were all surprised. One of them immediately took out his phone and checked the picture. “Jesus! It is her!”

“Let’s go!” Gu Ning said to Pan Zirui, she disliked the noisy crowd. She walked ahead alone, quickly followed by Pan Zirui.

Meanwhile, some people posted videos of their fight on the Internet and it went viral again. The videos were attached with a description of their conflict, so the majority supported Gu Ning. However, there was also a minority who criticized Gu Ning saying that she was evil. Internet users who had different opinions argued with each other over this popular news.

Gradually, criticisms of Gu Ning’s behavior became fewer and fewer.

Gu Ning, on the other hand, didn’t care about it at all, because she knew that what she had done was right.

“Boss, do you play horse betting?” Pan Zirui asked.

“No,” Gu Ning said.

Then, Pan Zirui introduced horse betting to Gu Ning.

In each race, there would be 12 horses. Before the race started, punters[1] would choose a horse which was most likely to win, and fill its number along with the amount they wanted to bet on the horse racing lottery ticket, then they handed it to the service counter for recording.

After the race was over, if the result was the same as the punters’ bet, punters would get a reward according to the betting ratio.

In addition, there were many types of betting in horse racing. “Win” meant punters placed the bet that their chosen horse would come first in a race.

“Place” meant punters placed the bet that their chosen horse would be any one of the top three horses in a race.

“Quinella” meant punters placed the bet that their chosen horses would be the first and second horses in a race.

“Trio” meant punters placed the bet that their chosen horses would be the top three horses in any order in a race.

Apart from those, there were many other types of betting, like “First 4”, “Quartet”, “Tierce” and so forth.

If punters thought that it wasn’t fun enough to bet on only one race, they could choose to bet on different races in a group, which was called “All Up”. Simply by placing bets in the same or different betting pools for 2 to 6 races. Any dividend entitlement from a winning Leg would be automatically carried forward and reinvested in the subsequent Leg specified in the punters’ bet selection.