1

DELPHINIUM

After inviting Jake, I left for my room to get ready for the night out. It would be the first time in years I would do something to feel normal, happy and relaxed.

As I got ready in the clothes Hunt had provided, I felt like the same fourteen-year-old I once was. With the look of peace and happiness not wavering from my face, I set out to go with my newfound family.

Before I even reached downstairs, I could already decipher the sounds of Riley and Jaxon fighting again. Shaking my head, I entered the living room to find everyone else present, waiting for me. I stopped at the number of stares I was receiving.

"What?" I couldn't help but snap as I started getting uncomfortable beneath their gazes. Benton stood up at that and said, "Come on, we will have plenty of time to stare at Delphinium afterwards, right Evans?" Jake just glared at him in response to his smirk.

"Oh no, how many times Evans? Even I am tired of your 'freezing your insides' threat. Come up with a new one, maybe Arlo could help you?" Benton said with his smirk still not wavering, infuriating Jake further.

"Alright enough, come on let's go" Riley ushered everyone outside leaving me and Jake to stare at each other.

"As usual the early one, isn't it?" Jake remarked, making me roll my eyes at him. Honestly, I wish he were Kane at times like these.

"Well, being late was worth it. Didn't you notice the stares I got at my grand entrance? Oh, I forgot, how would you notice when you were also staring at me?" I asked feigning innocence.

He just glowered and went past me. I chuckled and followed him to the ONNT car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We reached a hilltop and halted our car to a stop. Jaxon and Arlo fought all the ride until they were silenced by Jake's threats.

We got out and put up our tents and bonfire. We decided to enjoy the night, out in nature rather than in the city, as there might still be a threat lingering.

Gigi and Arezo were setting up the barbecue, Arlo and Jaxon went to collect wood for the bonfire. Jake and Kane set up the tents, Benton chose to get the food and drinks, while Riley and I went on rounds to check if there were any threats.

By the time we came back, everything was ready. Riley went to Kane and snuggled with him. Benton sat between Kane and Gigi, who sat next to Arezo. Next to Arezo was Arlo and then Jaxon. I sat between Jaxon and Jake. We all stared at the bonfire we made, thinking about all the good memories and our loved ones. The density of the atmosphere became intense. 

"Ok, so shall we play a game?" Riley asked, breaking the tension.

"Yeah sure, I will be the winner of any game we'll play. I bet ten dollars on that", said a smug Jaxon.

"Tell the same thing when you'll lose", Riley retorted.

"I honestly feel Riley would look better with Jaxon. They always keep fighting and talking with each other. Even more than you, my little brother." Benton remarked earning dirty looks from the said three.

"Ok now stop, what game shall we play?" I asked stopping the banter there.

"How about Never Have I Ever?" Riley suggested. We just stared at her in response.

"Don't tell me you all never even heard it?" She asked exasperated. Typical drama queen.

"Well for your sweet notice, nobody had a normal teenage life, so no Riley, you will have to take the pain to explain us," Jaxon said in a sickly sweet voice which made Riley grimace.

"Okay so, we'll have to get drinks for that first" Riley said making Arlo give his crazy grin.

"Not for kids Arlo, you and Arezo will drink juice," Gigi said which made everyone look at her. Arlo pouted and started protesting while Arezo just shrugged.

"What? I am not a kid, and I certainly can drink" said Gigi after looking at our surprised faces.

"It's here," said Benton passing the drinks around. Riley poured it into cups and gave us each.

"So, I will state a statement starting from 'never have I ever'. If any of us including me have done it, then we take a sip from the cup. Then others take turns to state. Simple as that" Riley explains shrugging her shoulders at the last statement.

"Starting from me, 'Never have I ever raided an entire shop before'" Riley said earning a surprised look from Kane and Arlo's eyes glittering with madness.

Arezo, Gigi, Riley, Jaxon, Jake, and I took sips from the drink.

Arlo was the one to ask, "When did you all raid shops?" with a pout.

"Neve and I used to steal from shops when we were kids," Arezo said with a sad smile on her face.

"Me too, I and Neve used to steal when we were alone," Gigi said feeling equally sad and mournful.

To break the tension Riley started, "I always used to" and then looked at Jaxon to continue. Jaxon just said while shrugging, "Perks of being invisible".

At that, all heads turned to Jake and me. "When we were on the run from Hundsen" I said. At which Riley eyed me suggestively.