Flashbacks and Family

~???'s POV~

"Ho-How do I know your not lying?"
The woman's voice cracked and she seemed to be holding back tears, she has me pinned against the tree

"I'm not I swear!" I hold up my hands, "Her name is Moon."  She looked right into my eyes, and they remind me of my sister's, a swirling purple-blue. Except hers also had red depending on her emotions, mother and I never really understood it, and dad never tried.

Just then, some red flares near her pupils and she stumbled back. She began pacing and tossing a dagger between her hands, muttering and making gestures with it. She then turned to the jester.

~Cicero's POV~
Listener stumbled back is the woman telling the truth? She began muttering and pacing. Cicero can't understand the language, it's likely Ta'agra, the native tongue of Khajiits. She walked up to me, "Roj rabiba +ali vaba lurma felor?" Cicero is confused. Apparently Moon picks up on this because she shakes her head and says, "Sorry. She has to be lying, right? I mean...I already found a family with Astrid and you and..."

It hurts a bit when she says that like Cicero is her brother, but nonetheless I put one gloved hand on hers to still them, and the other on her shoulder, "You would know of she was lying Listener, Cicero believes her if you do." She nodded and used a small black-and-red wooden whistle, a pitch black crow appearing and settling on her shoulder. She writes a note and ties it to the crow's leg, who flies off in the direction of the sanctuary.

Soon it comes back with another letter. Tidedancer reads it an nods, dismissing the crow then turns to me, "Ok, I sent a note to Astrid asking for a bit of time to find out if these claims are true. She says I can take you with me as well for as long as needed, as long as I come back the moment Mother speaks and we both come back alive." I agree to the terms and she turns back to the woman, "What's your name?"

She raises and eyebrow and her hand flicks to the ready towards her dagger sheath, "Serana. Now who are you?"

Listener tugs down her mask and cowl then bows with a slight flourish, "Moon Aetheri, loser of memories, at your service."

_~Moon's POV~_
I tug down my mask and cowl, bowing with a small flourish, "Moon Aetheri, loser of memories, at your service." I say.

Now it's her turn to pin me against the tree, "And who's to say you aren't lying? You look like her, I'll give you that. But what proof do I have?"

I think for a moment and tug out the black soul gem necklace, "Does this have any meaning?" I ask, "other than my name, the only memory I had immediately upon waking was a voice telling me to never take it off."

She backs up then a few tears spring from her eyes-which I just noticed were red-and she engulfed me in a hug. I staggered back a few steps and froze, but quickly melted into it.

I was suddenly tossed into flashbacks.

***
We were five. My parents Caravan got attacked by a group of racist Nords and Altmer. My parents gave me the small sack of their personal things and placed me into the highest tree where I was hidden in the branches.

I watched as they were all slaughtered. My parents, their friends. Mom and dad were the last standing, with magic and enchanted daggers respectively. They almost survived, but were stabbed through the hearts from behind.

I dashed down the tree, not caring if they saw me. I grab their hands that slowly start to go cold. Two remaining Altmer advance on me. I hold up my hands in defense and fire shoots forth from them, engulfing the two in flame as they run away, wide-eyes. They must've seen my wrists, my parents are both Khajiit but I'm diffrent. Mama takes off her necklace with trembling hands and places it around my neck, whispering fiercely, "Never take it off darling. Your meant to do big things." She exhales her last breath and I touch the black soul gem. It glows a moment as my parents die.