Night in Morthal

(TW for possibly the rest of the book, there will be drinking and mentions of blood if I haven't mentioned already. There also may be some cussing you have been warned. If anything else comes up you will be notified. Also Hroggar and Alvor have name-swapped because my brain was being an idiot)

Serana, Cicero, and I stopped in Morthal. Serana and I were waiting on the horses while Cicero went to look for an inn. We were almost 'home' but we needed to rest before continuing back to...oh what was it called?

Cursing my bad memory I turned to Serana, "What again is it called back 'home', the name of the place?"

She tilted her head, "Volkihar Castle. Why use quotes like that? It is home."

Subconsciously scratching at my wrists I answer, "I don't think it'll feel like home again until I've spent time there and remember it completely again. For around a month I've been at the sanctuary, known it's every nook and cranny, even a perfect nook to see everything and sit peacefully if needed. I've been there almost ever since Cicero found me, it's become home. A small, probably a bit broken, family. But still, I do feel at home there. I owe Cicero a debt, for finding me and healing me, and for bringing me there. He found me somewhere I belong again, and even the Night Mother solidified it as a place I belong."

She looked at me, "You really do care about him, don't you?"

I gave a small smile, "I told you, he saved me in more ways than one."

"Cicero found the Inn!" He comes walking up to us, "Of course, they wouldn't give Cicero a room until they met the rest of the party." He frowned but then lightened back up. It's nice to see him smile. "But," he continued, "The stables, albeit small, will take out horses for the night."

Serana and I dismounted, and I made slight clicking noises with my tongue, "Serana, go with Cicero to the inn and say there will be one more female joining the party, I'll take AshStorm and Shadowmere to the stables, then join you. What's the name?"

Cicero gave a small smile, "Moorside Inn. Take care though, for some reason the people here stay away from there," he pointed at the burnt ruins of a house in the fading sunlight, "Cicero doesn't know why, but we'll be gone soon anyways. I'll save Listener a drink!" He skipped off towards the inn, Serana giving me a glance and a shrug before following him.

I giggled at his antics and pulled down the sleeves on my dress, covering my scales. We had gotten our things and said quick goodbyes before we left, so I changed into my old dress before we headed out. I should probably get a new one soon. It's been in ice with me for who knows how long, it's only a matter of time before it starts to fall apart.

Of course, it'll have to be long-sleeved. I'be always been self conscious of my wrists, and even years and years later, the people of Skyrim are still stubborn and quick to judge based off race. Imagine what they would do if they saw a hybrid?

A freak, whispered a voice

I shook off the thoughts and squeezed the reins of the two horses. In the end Cicero and Serana are still with me. They've told me I'm not one.

Quickly paying for our horses' stays I walk away, not eager for human interaction at the moment. It's dark now, and my eyes fall on the burnt house. I can see perfectly through the darkness and I swear there's a faint glow.

I shake my head again, I need to meet Cicero back at the inn before they kick him out. I love his dark humor, and his personality, but a lot of people it drives insane. Well, not literally, but still.

When I arrive I see Cicero with a mug of something in his hands, Serana blissfully tasting a sweet roll, for what may be the first time in a long while, and a decent handful of drunken people looking up as I pass.