#012 Sports Festival pt. 1

You were in class. You started to doodle on a piece of paper out of boredom. Everyone was talking to one another, and Aizawa wasn't there yet. "Where is h-" The door suddenly flew open. Aizawa was standing there. "That's perfect timing." Mina sighed. "The U.A sports festival is near." He said. "What if they try to attack us again?" Ojiro asked. "Security will be strengthened. I'm afraid Y/N and Uraraka won't be able to distract them again." Aizawa said, glaring at Uraraka. He cleared his throat.

"Our sports festival is one of Japan's greatest events. Joining a famous hero agency will get you more experience, and popularity." He stood at the front of the classroom. You didn't pay that much attention.

After the lecture, you decided to go back to your dorm. You gathered your things, and was about to walk out with Mina when you saw a whole bunch of people blocking everyone from getting out. "What's going on?" Uraraka asked. You saw someone familiar. "I came with a declaration of war." Shinso said. 'Shinso? Him? I knew his ass looked familiar.' You thought to yourself. Bakugou pushed through the crowd and casually walked away. "Wait a minute!" Kirishima sighed. "That's so simple, and manl-" "Im leaving." You shook your head. "Wait up!" Mina chased after you. You and Mina struggled to get through.

———————————————————
Next Day

It was time for the Sports festival. You put on your uniform. "I wanted to wear my costume!" Mina whined. After everyone was done, Iida walked in. "Everyone, are you ready? We will be entering soon!" The class sat at four tables, staring at Iida awkwardly. You put your head on the table. "Y/n, what's wrong?" Momo asked. You quickly put your head up. "I'm fine! Just..uh, can't wait to try my best." You smiled weakly. "Girl, you can tell us what's wrong." Jirou crossed her arms. You sighed.

"The truth is, my dad is a pro hero. When I was younger, I used to.. not know how to control my quirk." You said. Mina nodded. "I got mad easily, and.. I guess I hurt a lot of people. I just- didn't understand why my dad left to get milk and didn't come back." You snickered. "Aww, y/n you don't have to joke around like that! It's fine to say how you feel." Mina hugged you. "I guess it's a coping mechanism. But in all seriousness, i'm afraid to see him out there and lose control. It's the whole reason why I only use the air element. I mean, I haven't seen him in years." You sighed. "Y/n, why are you telling us this now? We would support you either way!" Momo added. "It's not something you say in an everyday convo." You shook your head. You look to the side, and you could have sworn you saw Bakugou glaring at you.

When it was time to leave, you heard Present Mic over the speaker. "The U.A sports festival is about to begin, everybody! Are you ready?" The door opened. Your class walked out onto the field. You looked around at the scenery. "Hero course, Class 1 B!" Present Mic yelled. They walked to the field as well. "And business course, Classes I, J, and K!" They walked out. "Gangs all here.." Kaminari said. "I'm going to pretend you didn't say that." Mina said. "What!?" Denki whined. "Cringe as hell." Mina facepalmed.

Midnight walked up to a stand. "Representing the students is Katsuki Bakugou from class 1-A!" She said. Everyone slowly looked at him. You already shook your head. He walked up to the stand. "I pledge, that i'll be number one." He shrugged. "I knew he'd say that!" Everyone yelled.

"Now, here is the fateful first game!" Midnight waved. A board popped up. It said 'obstacle race.' "This!" Midnight snickered. Everyone got into a starting position. "...Start!" She yelled. A door opened, and it was chaos. People pushed and shoved, trying to run to the end. Momo, Bakugou, Todoroki, Kirishima, and Aoyama used their quirks. You nearly got pushed to the ground. "Ain't nobody got time for this." You said, making a small tornado that threw people away. You made a clear runway for yourself.

You ran, and caught up to them. Huge robots blocked everyone. Todoroki was already in the front. Bakugou used his explosions to try and go over them. You created a huge gust of wind to push the robots out of the way, and also try and knock Bakugou down. He quickly dodged it and smirked at you. You glared at him as he flew away. "Shit!" You ran as fast as you could.

You turned around, and saw your classmates using their quirks to get past the monsters. You were in 3rd place now. You saw deku on your tail. You quickly got to the next area, 'The fall'. People were catching up to you, so you had to think fast. You thought of something. You put your arms down, and used air to make you fly. You weren't used to flying at all, so you wobbled a bit. 'Damn, I should have thought of this earlier. But the wind is getting in my face.' You thought. You quickly flew over and made it to the final barrier behind Todoroki. Bakugou, Iida, Deku and Hatsume were catching up.

It was a minefield. Todoroki and Bakugou fought each other to the front. You quickly pushed them out of the way with a gust of wind, but they managed to get up in time. "Y/N!" The both yelled, chasing after you. "Woops." You ran and dodged anything they threw at you. You were in the lead, until Deku caused an explosion and flew over all of you with a part from a robot. He was slowly losing speed, but then caused another explosion to blow and ran. "WHAT?" Bakugou yelled. The three of you chased after him fast as hell. You wondered which one of you would win a race against each other because y'all were clearly the fastest.

You used wind to push you ahead. You were so close to grabbing Deku's leg when he moved and caused you to tumble. You quickly got up and chased after him. You looked back and saw Todoroki and Bakugou still running after you and Deku. You turned back to the front and was shocked to realize you were already in the stadium. Second place. Deku's face was on every board. He was the winner. You walked up behind him. "Good job!" You panted. "Thanks y/n! You too!" You gave him a high five. Todoroki and Bakugou stood behind him. "Damn it!" Bakugou yelled. All four of you were out of breath.

"No way I lost to two dumbasses!" Bakugou said. "Chill out. The top 42 make it to the next round." You crossed your arms. Bakugou walked up to you, face to face. You looked at him, nonchalant. "What? What do you have to say? Mad that you lost?" You smirked. He looked at you up and down.

"What's up with you y/n?" He asked. "What are you talking about?" You squinted your eyes. "I mean, i'm trying to figure you out." He stared, like he was studying you. "What could there possibly be about me that's interesting to you?" You raised an eyebrow. "That's exactly what I don't know." You rolled your eyes. He started to say something when Midnight spun the wheel for the next challenge. You turned to pay attention.

"Behold, the calvary battle!"

————————————————
1267 words

i'm bacckkk😭 sorry i was gone for so long- i was too lazy to make this chapter but i felt bad so i made it‼️ idk what i was worried about tbh 😩 but anyways part two is going to be out soon! missed yall

byee