18- Realisation

Holy shit I woke up to 1k reads! thank you skdkjhsdj

I don't even know if the cover image is DNF fanart but it's cute

TW: Mentions of abusive/toxic relationship.

George sat in the living room in front of the TV with Sapnap on the couch next to him. As much as he tried, the brunette couldn't focus on the show. Dream was constantly in his mind and had been since yesterday where he held on to the blonde like his life depended on it.

He kept thinking about the way Dream hugged him back and rested his head on top of his. Then he thought of when they left and George was still holding onto his arm, Dream didn't even try to let go. George was so embarrassed by it all but he had a feeling that Dream liked it. 

What if I liked it- No! I only did it because I was scared! But friends don't do that. Friends don't hold the other's arm. They don't don't feel butterflies when ever they get a text from them. And the definitely don't hug until they fall asleep in the same bed!

He argued with himself in his head until Sapnap spoke up. "George are you feeling okay?"

George gave him a confused look.

"You just seem really distracted and... stressed."

"I just have a lot on my mind."

"What sort of stuff?"

George hesitated. He didn't really want to tell Sapnap but he had to let some of his thoughts out. "There's this guy... And I act differently with him than my other friends but I don't know why."

"Ohhh Gogy's got a crush!" Sapnap said slightly too loud.

"Shhh! And no I don't like him like that... Wait when did you start calling me Gogy too?"

"Doesn't matter. How do you act differently?"

"We hug."

"You do that with me."

"I know but a different hug. It means something else but I don't know what."

"Do you get butterflies when you're with him?"

George didn't say anything.

"Well that just answered my question." Sapnap laughed.

"I know how it seems, Sap. But I don't like him like that."

"I'm gonna ask you a question. How would you feel if he told you he was dating someone?"

George clenched up his fists. "I don't know."

Sapnap could see the way he clenched his fists and smirked. "You'd be angry wouldn't you?"

George didn't know what to say. I guess I would be angry. But not at Dream; at the the person he was dating. But why?

"And would you maybe get a little jealous?"

"I know what you're trying to do." George replied, avoiding the question.

"I think you have feelings for him." He said bluntly.

George's eyes widened. "I don't have feelings for him. We are friends and we always will be."

"Why is it such a bad thing? It's nice having a crush, even if they don't like you back."

TW: Mentions of abusive/ toxic relationship. (I'll tell you when it's over.)

George knew the answer to that question, though he didn't want to tell Sapnap right now. Ever since Zack, George didn't want another relationship. Zack was his first boyfriend and he swore he'd be his last. He didn't even want to think about people in that way again. This is why it made it so hard for him to get attached to people, but when Dream came along he couldn't help himself. 

Just thinking about it made George's heart beat faster. He began breathing a little faster too and his mind fogged over.

"George... Are you alright?" No reply.

Sapnap knelt in front of him and put a hand on his knee. George flinched at the sudden feeling and started to breath even faster. Quickly, Sapnap tookhis hand back. He had a slight look of panic in his eyes as he had no idea what to do.

"Look, I shouldn't have pushed you into saying you like him. I'm sorry." Still no response. George was just looking straight in front of him and his eyes began to tear up as he got flashbacks to when he was with Zack and the time at the party with the ginger haired man.

TW over. Summary: George is having a panic attack because Sapnap pushed him into admitting his feelings. Sapnap is trying to calm him down.

"Please try to calm down George."

However George did the opposite of this. As a single tear rolled down his cheek, he shook his hands repeatedly while mumbling things to himself.

"Oh no." Sapnap got up and ran to Dream's door, knocking as loud as he could.

"Who is it?" Dream called out.

"You need to come to the living room! George is having a panic attack."

Dream wasted no time. He flung the door open and ran to the living room where George was sitting and frantically flailing his hands.

He knelt in front of him but didn't try to touch him. George had a few panic attacks with him before so he was experienced with it. But those times Bad was always there to deal with it so this was his first time getting George calm down with no help.

"Hey George. It's me, Dream. Can you try and count to ten for me?" His voice was soft and calm.

George looked at him in the eyes which was more than he did with Sapnap.

"Try it with me okay. One. Two. Three-"

"F-four" George stuttered, still hyperventilating.

"Good. Five..."

"S-six"

"Seven"

"E-eight. Nine. Ten." George finished, sounding slightly calmer.

"Great. Can I hold your hand?" George nodded. Dream put his hand out and let George connect them which he immediately did before squeezing it tightly. But Dream didn't mind the pain or the sweatiness of it. He just cared about George right now.

"Now take deep breaths." Dream instructed. George tried to but they still came out fast and shaky.

"Try it with me" Dream demonstrated and George copied. 

After a minute or two, George was back to his normal self.

"Sorry about that." George mumbled while wiping his cheeks with his hand.

"Don't apologise. It's not your fault."

"It might be mine." Sapnap spoke up which made the other two jump. They hadn't realised that Sapnap was still there. "I pushed him into saying he li-" He stopped mid-word when he realised George was frantically motioning for him to stop talking. Woops. "I was just making fun if him." Nice cover up.

Dream sighed. "It's no one's fault. Now George, how about that movie we're planning on seeing?"

~1044 words~

Thank you again for all the reads and votes. Please remember to vote if you like a chapter!

Emoji: ⚗️

-🙃 ǝɯsƎ