Chapter 1

"Nadia get your ass up we're gonna be late!" My brother yelled from the living room. I wore my jean in a rush and tied my hair into a loose ponytail.

"I'm almost done, why do you have to be so loud" I yelled back at him.

I took my backpack and walked down the stairs, in a rush I missed a step and 'ouch' I guess we all know what happened. Did I tell you I had the worst luck,let me rephrase that, I have absolutely the worst luck anyone could have.

"You are just unlucky" my lovely all so adorable brother said while laughing, did I say adorable? I hope you noted the sarcasm because he is a devil!...

"I know" I replied, grabbed the car keys and hurried out "I'm driving!" I yelled.

"Fuck no I'm not letting you!" my brother shouted with him running behind. I stopped and handed him the keys, one because he would have caught up and collected it anyways and two I wouldn't want to cause problems and make a terrible day more terrible by crashing the car cause I'm that bad of a driver.

***************
We got to school and I flashed out of the car like I always do. I hate people and my brother is kinda popular , You know the the biggest player and douche every school has, the one who uses girls like underwear,talks rudely to teachers, but is still loved by all. Yup that douche happens to be my brother, correction my twin brother. Some people find it so hard to believe we are even related cause he is so him and I'm so me.

I've had my own share of drama when the worst guy Dean pretended to like and date me only to dump me terribly as punishment for my brother banging his girl, let's just say I became wiser after that.

"Yello bitches" I greeted my two best friends. Violet and Savannah the two special ones God dropped into my life. I and Savannah had been together for a very long time,so let's just say I'm closer to her.

"Morning Nadia" they chorused and then we went on to talk about how our weekend went,laughing and gossiping about people's outfits.

I went ahead to my first period which was Chemistry urgh! No one likes that subject. After mixing chemicals that would have become an atomic bomb if the bell didn't ring. I met with Savannah when we had a free period, As we were walking to our spot we saw my brother and the air was kind of akward, here is the thing, Savannah once had a crush on my brother,he knew and went after her, they were together for like a month then he left her. See I was correct about the douche part. So things were not really sunshine with her and my brother. I was the first to speak after he walked by.

"I know it's been long but I'm sorry the way things turned out between you and Trevor" I apologized.

"No it's cool I'm over him already" she replied forcing a smile on her face. Did she really think I'll fall for that.

"We both know you aren't" I mumbled trying to hold back my giggles.

"I heard that idiot" she said laughing and we ran to our spot.

Whew,finally the torture named school has ended and it's on to a new world of freedom till tomorrow. I said goodbye to Violet and Savannah, now on my way to look for my idiot brother.

I got to my school's big field and saw my brother talking with a cute guy.hmmm you thinking what I'm thinking?.

"I took the car keys from your locker when are you going to be done?" I asked walking up to them "Hi" I directed to the guy.

"Nadia you are not driving the car because you are very terrible and don't hi him nothing will be happening" he stated as a matter of fact "Ever" he emphasized.

"I can't wait for so long so I'm going to go home but if you don't want me to go alone cute boy here can follow me" I said wiggling my eyebrows.

"He is not cute... What the hell I'm I saying, you are waiting for me and he is not following you home" He breathed out.

"We will see" I held cute boys hand and ran to the driveway, I got in and and he did the same then I heard a beep of message on my phone, I opened it and it was my brother.

'Be careful sis' he wrote awwwn who knew he could be this cute.

I started the car and thought to say " Hang on I'm a very terrible driver" but I didn't because he would still find out sooner or later.

We later decided to get some junks from a fast food restaurant, Luke and I also got to know each other better but didn't realise our time was far spent. I looked at my watch and it was six- thirty 'holy shit'.

"We gotta go Luke,now!" I exclaimed packing the rest of the food, while Luke just had a bored look on his face.

2 hours later we were lost

"I didn't know you were that bad jeez and dumb too because I don't think anyone ever forgets the direction to their own house" Luke yelled at me, I couldn't blame him because I tried going through the stupid shortcut route I've only passed once. We have been trying to find our way back home cause apparently he forgot his phone in school and mine was dead. Told you about how unlucky I am.

"Take that route" Luke suggested pointing at a street in a corner, I hit the gas pedal but the car stopped suddenly. No no no no we must not be out of fuel when it's already getting a little dark. We had cash but no filling station and they were barely shops,or bars where we were.

It was pretty dark already and I had to pee, I excused myself and got to an alleyway and heard voices 'Oh joy'. I ran following the voices and it was two men arguing ,one started strangling the other and the man was literally begging him to breathe. I didn't know If I should run or just ask for directions. ' Nadia this guy is probably a killer.no, definitely a killer, still want to ask for directions' I thought to myself.

On looking back, the guy had killed the other dude and was staring at me, against my better judgement I opened my mouth " Uhm... I got lost could you direct me to a filling station,cafe or anything" I finished but he kept looking so I added "Please". He reached for his back pocket and pointed a gun at me.

"Please don't kill me I can give you money" I pleaded but he only smirked at my reply.

At that moment Luke appeared and saw the situation, I screamed "Run!" and took my heels in a jiffy, Luke turned back and we both started running. While running with speed I heard a loud bang and someone screaming 'oh that was me'.

Feeling a strong pain in my left shoulder, I took a look and I saw blood dripping down then suddenly I heard another loud sound, I looked to my side and saw Luke laying face flat on the ground with a bullet at the back of his head,blood flowing out. My vision slowly blurred out and I fell to the ground.

Hi guys 🙋, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of this novel. I had soo much fun writing it.🥰

Comment all your thoughts in the comments.👇

Don't forget to vote and comment😘

Stay safe, peace out✌️