chapter six

"TOM'S POST WAS really cute," says one of my best friends Martina on the other end of the phone. "Martina you are way too nice for this conversation. he doesn't give a shit about Yn's feelings! he doesn't care how she feels, what happens to her. he is and will always be an idiot, i've always said it.." answers my favorite person Abby. "still, it was a nice gesture!" Sara interrupts her. i love group calls. i run my hands trough my still wet hair. "can you all please shut up? i don't wanna talk about him after everything yesterday!" i finally say and get pure silence in response. "but you said he kissed you." says Martina in a calm voice. "yes of course, but after last night, it doesn't mean much to him." i reply as i paint my fingernails. it's still early in the morning, but i really wanted to talk to my best friends again, but the time difference is killing me. i miss them so much. i should've stayed at home.

"if it didn't mean anything to him, he wouldn't have uploaded the picture." Nia tries to save the situation. "still, he's an idiot, you don't deserve that dear!" replies Abby, still insisting on her opinion that Tom is a complete idiot. i sigh lightly as i lean my head back against a tree. "good morning early riser." a familiar voice suddenly calls out.

I turn my head slightly and catch a glimpse of Jake, who is on his way over to me. "uhh who was that?" i hear Martina say on the other end of the phone. i can literally feel her smirk through the phone. "how about you shut up love?" i reply flippantly, in reply everyone laughs. "who are you talking to?" the dark haired boy asks me as he runs his hand through his messy hair. "with my best friends." i answer with a simple smile.

"oh, the ones no one wants me with?" he asks with a laugh, which automatically makes me grin too. "Martina i can feel you blushing through the phone." "shut up." is all i get in reply.

"I won't bother you anymore, see you-." he says lightly and is about to turn around again. "n-no ! stay here, we were done talking anyway."

"oh were we?" provokes Abby with a deviously laugh that I can literally see in front of me. "shut up Abby. love y'all. talk to you soon!" i say quickly and the last thing i hear is "don't flirt too much" from my sweet Martina before hanging up.

"how are you?" Jake asks quietly as he leans against the tree trunk next to me. "i've been better, you?" i put my phone next to me and lean my head back against the tree, my gaze fixed on the endless sea. "i'm always fine" he replies bluntly and i see him turn his head towards me.

"Have you talked or written with Tom again?" I shake my head in reply.

we spend a few more hours in the water, which suddenly isn't as cold as i thought. "let's go back to the others, not that Charlie and Leo have already buried themselves." suggests Harrison with a laugh as he wraps his arm around the shivering Liv. we get out of the water and see nothing but a light in the distance. but the campfire is already out.

we get closer and i can hear a light snoring coming from the tent to my left, which is most likely my brother. i look around, searching for Tom. hoping i would see him somewhere, that maybe he would be waiting for me. i don't know what i'm hoping for. anything but what is now becoming reality.

i turn my head slightly to the right, towards Tom's tent and see the slight glow of a mobile and a girl giggling softly and a deep voice mumbling something. any happiness i felt just a few seconds ago is gone. the girl's laughter, which is most likely sabrina's, stops and i hear a soft rustling in the tent. someone comes to open the tent. a thin arm wraps around me from behind and i feel a cold face against my back.

"i'm so infinitely sorry." says Liv softly as she turns me around and wraps me in a hug. i can't help but let all my emotions out. without being too loud, i fall into her arms and cry silently to myself. i hear someone crawl out of the tent behind me and stand without a word. Liv lifts her head to see the person, but I realize it can only be one person.