chapter seven

YES, MAYBE I exaggerated a bit with the message to tom. "maybe you've already lost her." well maybe. but he must realize that he can't play with me like he did with the girls before me. especially if i forgave him, Abby would probably chop my head off.

i huff and put my phone between me and Jake, leaning my head back and enjoying the breeze blowing through my hair.

"there's a beach party happening close by here later today." Liv pulls me out of my thoughts. "do you want to go?" she asks hesitantly, glancing in the rearview mirror to see my reaction. i smile at her in agreement and immediately see her face light up.

my phone vibrates and i immediately reach for it, expecting a message from Abby. my hand meets another placed next to my phone. i immediately pull my hand back and my head flicks up to meet Jakes eyes. he smiles at me nicely and mouths "you're cute when you're shy". i notice myself blushing and another vibration interrupts our moment again.

my bmf : "don't make a mistake, he doesn't deserve you, i said it from the beginning."

maybe she did. eventually.

my bmf : "and the same with this Jake guy. i saw the picture at Liv's. he seems like a nice guy, but like any other guy, i'm sure he just wants to sleep with you. don't get hooked on a guy so fast again. we both know how this ends. they both suck anyways."

she's right, it's a wonder i ever agree with her. doesn't happen all the time. huh.

i sigh and reply.

yn : "we're about to go to a beach party, i'm excited to see how Tom behaves. thank you. <3 "

i turn off my phone and wait until we finally arrive.

-

two hours later Liv and i are done. in the meantime i took a shower, put on a light makeup and a white crop top with my favorite grey jeans.

Liv looks beautiful. she's wearing a rosé dress with little flowers on it. it flatters her curves, but isn't too tight either. like it was made for her. happily she brushes her hair one last time and looks at me worriedly in the mirror.

"dear, don't get so down on yourself. S, S and S will be drunk in the first 10 minutes anyway and end up in bed with some guys." she says and puts my hair behind my shoulders to grab my shoulders.

"yeah, hopefully not with Tom, i want to have a quiet night." i reply with a roll of my eyes, earning a light giggle from Liv.

"you're impossible."

she gently takes my hand and struts out of the public bathroom with me. we walk a few meters and reach our estate.

all the boys' gazes are on us.

Harrison wears a beaming grin on his lips when he sees his girlfriend. they are so in love, wow. Liv gives my hand one last squeeze and releases her hand from mine to run to her boyfriend, who greets her with open arms and a thousand kisses.

Tom wears a white t-shirt which emphasizes the muscles on his arms and dark baggy jeans. his curls are not pulled back, he decided to leave them free today. just the way i love it. he has a blue jeans jacket around his shoulders, probably for the later hours.

his eyes wander from my white air force to my cleavage, which is adorned by a silver necklace, in slow motion. as if he wants to take in every single inch of me.

suddenly our eyes meet. for a moment my world stops. his eyes are red, i don't know if it's from the alcohol he's already consumed or if he's actually been crying. but i shouldn't care.