jemily.

*i will be turning this into a novel*

caught in the rain

*jj's pov*

"wheels up in thirty" hotch states firmly while leaving the room.

this case was pretty gruesome, psychopath kidnapping young boys brain washing them into thinking they are in a war.

cases with kids always were hard for me, even though i didn't have any of my own, i've always wanted some.

the team gets up and leaves the round table room while i stay put staring into space, until i hear light foot prints behind me.

"jayje? you okay?" emily puts her hand on my shoulder. "i know how much these ones bother you" she adds now sitting down next to me.

i shrug for a second then proceed to nod. "yeah, they always do" i stay silent for a minute and sigh. "it's just...how could people do this em? they are kids"

she shrugs in despair, "i don't know love, but we are gonna go get this bastard and lock him up" she smiles lightly in attempt to cheer me up.

emily and i have been dating for three months now, the best three months of my life might i add.

we decided it'd be best if we didn't tell the team right away, it was our relationship not theirs, and of course there was the fact that i wasn't out to the team.

hell we are all profilers, they all know for sure, and penelope has access to our locations 24/7 can't she see that we are always together.

and she has been so supportive of me for that, and everyday i can feel myself just getting closer and closer to professing my love for emily in front of the team.

even though we haven't even said the three words to eachother yet, i feel it, ever so deeply.

"come on babe, you got this, you're a kick ass profiler and we will get him, i promise" she very quickly looks around before softly placing her hand on my thigh.

"you're right em, thank you, besides we can't get him if i'm sitting here being all emotional" i chuckle lightly.

"well" emily says getting up slowly, "i love your emotional side, it shows how beautiful your soul is" she finishes and blushes softly.

"well i love how soft you are around me miss badass" i chuckle and wink at her. she always acts so tough and badass but when it comes to me, she's a pure angel.

she shakes her head laughing now making her way towards the door, "oh fuck, baby our go bags are in your car i think" her face widens in realization.

i nod my head now following her, "it's okay" i stop talking to look at my watch, "we still have my twenty minutes until go time" i finish walking to my desk.

i reach my hand into my front left pocket of my light blue jeans and reach for my small set of keys that's used for file rooms, garcia's office, and my desk.

unlocking the bottom drawer i reach for my purse and set it down on the desk and start rummaging through it.

i find the keys and turn my body to emily who's patiently waiting behind me and i let out a soft smile. setting my purse back in the drawer and locking it back.

right as we're about to start walking a voice stops us. "guys? where are you going? there's eighteen minutes and eleven seconds before the plane leaves" reid finishes his sentence and looks at us trying to look for information on where we might be going.