12

Syd's POV

Stefan had Ray on his back dead... ish. Klaus fed Ray his blood and then killed him so he's now in transition to a hybrid. Great. I wonder when Klaus is going to figure out that Elena is not dead. Hopefully not soon.

"Are you okay?", Klaus asks Stefan who's clearly struggling while carrying Ray, "Is Ray getting heavy?"

"I'm fine"

"You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down", Stefan scoffs annoyed.

"You know I get that we're all stuck together, if we could maybe skip the chit chat, that'd be great", I laugh under my breath at Stefan's comment.

"So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating me, my friend"

"Maybe it's cause we're tired of hunting werewolves, only been at it all summer", I roll my eyes bothered, and walk faster in front of the two.

"Well, thanks to our pal Ray... we've found ourselves a pack"

We walk into this camp-out, looking thing with people huddling around and talking. Or werewolves I guess. I feel bad. They have no idea what is about to happen right now. Stefan walks closer to the wolves and throws Ray to the ground earning a gasp from everyone. One girl runs up to Ray and starts shaking him and panicking.

"He's not dead", I say to the girl, guilt rolling through my gut. She looks at me confused and then looks at Stefan.

"Who are you", she trembled.

"The important question is, who am I", Klaus cuts in, "Please, forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus"

The werewolves slowly stand up with fear basically written on their faces. They back away and grab onto one another for safety. He always has to make such a scene.

"Your the hybrid", the girl chokes out

"You've heard of me, Fantastic"

"I guess that means you know what's about to happen", I add and the girl looks at me confused

"I guess that means you know what's about to happen", I add and the girl looks at me confused. "Tip, don't fight him. He gets what he wants, protest or not", Klaus scoffs amused and Stefan grabs my arm pulling me beside him.

"It's fascinating actually, a werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid"

Right after Klaus finishes Ray wakes up and jumps up in fear.

"Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic" Klaus teases.

Stefan explains to Ray and everyone what's happening and then asks if anyone is human. I widen my eyes and look at Klaus who's already looking at me. Are they gonna? No.

"I am not being fed on", I growl. Klaus smirked and made eye contact.

"Why not? You're a human, that's what you're used for"