At the hospital

Joe and Jill arrived at the hospital with the girl. They walked in and asked to see a doctor. Joe was holding the girl and the nurse saw all the bruises on the girl. The nurse told Joe and Jill to take a seat. Joe was still holding the girl.

The nurse started to make a phone call to child protection services. She said "a couple just walked in the hospital with their daughter covered in bruises. I think we should get the police involved. I think they are abusing her."

After 10 minutes Joe and Jill were called into a room. There were 2 police officers and a social worker. The social worker then said "we know you haveZ abused this young girl, look at all the bruises." Jill and Joe were in shock. Jill started to cry "no mam. That's not true. She was beaten by a teacher. We came here to get her checked to make sure she has no serious injuries."

The police officers then grabbed the girl off Joe. Joe tried to hold on to her but he couldn't. The girl started to scream and cry. The police told Joe and Jill to leave the room. They reluctantly left the room. The nurse then examined the girl and wrote down all the girl's injuries.

Then the nurse took the girl to x-rays. The girl wouldn't stop screaming so the nurse sedated her. The x-ray came showed that the girl has a broken arm. Joe and Jill were being interviewed by the police.

They were desperate to see their daughter. Jill told the police, go to the school and check the cctv. We would never harm our daughter. We adopted her and she is now living a very happy life. We can take you to see her bedroom at home. Just please let us see our child.

The nurse walked in, "your daughter has a broken arm which now needs surgery." Joe started to get mad. "Please us see our daughter." The nurse said "no! We are going to do the surgery to fix her broken arm. If you are proven innocent, I will let you see her."

Jill was a wreck. She was sobbing whilst Joe was comforting her. The police then went to check the cctv footage at the school whilst the social worker was interrogating Joe and Jill.

The little girl went off to surgery. She was screaming and crying. The doctors had to physically hold her down to sedate her. Then a few hours passed.

The girl was out of the operating room and she had a cast on her arm. She was just waking up from the anaesthesia. The police came back and they arrested the teacher for abuse. They told Joe and Jill that they are sorry but they can go and see their daughter as they are innocent.

Joe and Jill rushed inside the room. They saw the girl lying in bed with tubes everywhere. They saw her little arm in a cast and they started crying. Joe started to stroke the girl's hair and gave her a kiss on her forehead. He said "darling I'm so sorry. I love you so much." Jill was holding the girl's hand.

They were so happy to be together again. They spent 3 days in the hospital before they could go home. For those 3 days Joe and Jill were always with their daughter. They cared so much about her.