• Lies and Cries •

Art Credit: Sicckki

Alberto's POV:

" yea.. She's my girlfriend. Sofia say Hi to Luca." I said with hesitance in my voice. Sofia looked at Luca and scoffed and said " I don't speak to perdentis " she said and walked away. I starred at her with anger as she walked off and was so close to screaming at her, but I didn't want to start a commotion in front of a crowd of people.

If I'm being completely honest, I hate Sofia. The only reason I started dating her was because... she looked like Luca. I had missed him so much and I wanted something that would remind me of him, but in fact she was the complete opposite of Luca. She was rude, arrogant, and stuck up. While Luca is kind, caring, and whenever I'm with him, my heart just beast so fast and I can feel that I'm filled with joy whenever I'm around him. I wanted to be with him so badly but... I'm trapped. Sofia knows that I'm gay, but she said that if I were to leave her for Luca, she would tell everyone in the town, and make everyone hate me.

" Hey Luca! Me and my dad brought our bikes out here, Let's go race to the top of the hill !" Giulia said while dragging Luca away. The two ran to grab their bikes while laughing on the way there. I was filled with so much rage at that moment. All of summer last year Giulia was always flirting and getting in the way of my time with Luca, and He didn't even mind it or notice it! I just wish I could make him feel as jealous as I did but... wait... That's It! I just need to act like I'm madly in love with Sofia, and maybe then Luca will start to feel as jealous as I did and maybe he'll try to spend more time with me!

Luca's POV: me and Giulia were biking up the hill but I wasn't focused on it at all. Instead I was more focused on the fact that Alberto got a girlfriend. I can't believe after all our time we had spent together... he would choose someone else over me.

I finally reached the top of the hill with Giulia giving me a worried look. I asked her what was up and she then started to question me. " Luca, are you ok? I saw your face when we were biking up here and it seems like something was on your mind. Plus I actually beat you up here, that hasn't happened since last summer." I looked down and then sighed. " Alberto has a... Girlfriend" I said with tears. I started crying and I ended up falling down on my knees hugging myself tightly and sobbing. All of a sudden I felt two hands wrap around me and I looked to see that it was Giulia who was comforting me. " I loved him so much and now I'll never be anything more than just his best friend." I said while sobbing " Shh. Don't cry Luca, it'll be ok, forget about Alberto... you don't need his love... but maybe someone else's ? " Giulia had said to me. I was pretty confused with this last sentence, and I saw that Giulia had gotten up and began pacing around thinking. " someone else's love.. Hmmm... Aha! That's it! Luca we're going on a date " Giulia exclaimed while my eyes had shrunk. " Giulia I'm flattered but, I've been crushing on Alberto all summer and you know this. " she looked at me and started laughing. " No Luca, not like that! I mean let's go on a pretend date. You and Me could invite Alberto and Sofia to hangout in the plaza, and we can announce to them that we're dating! Surely if we act like we're dating and in love then maybe Alberto will get jealous and start fighting to win you over! " I thought about it for a moment and I then sighed " well I guess it's not a bad idea. And at least if he doesn't respond the way I hope he does, I'll know he's not interested and that's better than nothing!" Giulia agreed and so we began planning everything, what time we would meet, what we were gonna do, and how to make Alberto jealous of us.

Giulia's POV:

" alright so we'll meet at the plaza at 4:00 P.M., go get some gelato, then we go walk around the plaza, and finally we go down to beach. " Luca had said. " Yep! This plan is full proof Luca! Now all we gotta do is invite them to come with us " I said cheerfully. " yea! I'll go invite Alberto right n—

BZZZ

Luca reached into his pocket and his eyes went wide. His alarm had went off and he needed to be back at home now, and he was already a little late. " Oh shoot! I gotta get back home, Giulia just invite them for me ok ? " Luca said with a worried look. I smiled and told him that I would do just that. He smiled back at me and started running to his house. I started walking back home when I saw Alberto and ran up to him. " Hey Alberto, how've you been!? " I said while resting my hand in his shoulder. " oh! Hey Giulia! Things have been going pretty good so far, but... at the same time it's been kindve bad" this kinda threw me off a little. " why? I mean no offense, but I thought you would be having the time of your life right now. What with you getting a girlfriend and Luca and I coming back home. " He cringed when I talked about Sofia and Luca and Now I'm kinda curious as to why. " you ok? I mean is something going on with Sofia? You seemed kind of off when I mentioned her." He looked at me and sighed. " Well the thing is... I don't really like Sofia per say, she's more of a frie— ok no she's the worst. " this completely threw me off, and it almost kindve angered me. " what do you mean ? I thought she was the LOVE OF YOUR LIFE, and that you cared so much about her ? " I said in a snarky tone. I saw that he visibly got upset with me. " Sofia? Really. You think she's the love of my life ? " he said to me angrily. I have never seen him this angry before in my life and I could tell that I had provoked him. He started slowing walking towards me and I started backing away. " I mean, you guys started dating after me and Luca left and it's been a while, so you've been together plenty long and have spent more time with each other than you did with us." I said with a rude tone. He looked back hurt, but then his anger belt up and he just exploded. " IM ONLY WITH HER BECAUSE IM TRYING TO MAKE LUCA JEALOUS" he stopped after he had said that, and I just looked at him in shock.

Well dang. This will be much easier than I thought

————————————————————————
HOLY HECK! I never thought I would get a 100 reads on this but my god we did it!! Thank you all so much for reading this!! It means a lot to me and I can't wait to keep writing this story! This chapter took so long and there were so many rough drafts of it lol. But here's chapter 2! I hope you enjoyed it and I'll probably update chapter 3 later today !