• Conflict and Pain •

Art Credit: Arqtpie

Luca's POV:

Tears are streaming down my face as I run after Alberto. " ALBERTO PLEASE JUST WAIT! " I scream towards him, but he doesn't look back. He keeps running and I eventually can't see him anymore and that's when I just collapsed. I started breaking down and I just sobbed. I couldn't beleive it. he was trying to make me jealous this whole time, and here I was forgetting about my plan to make him feel jealous, and it ends up being me that makes him jealous! I look and see Giulia walking up to me by herself and I start to wonder where Sofia is.

" Giulia, where's Sofia? " I asked her, and she looked down and sighed.

" Sofia went home Luca. She's pretty upset with the whole situation and she just needs to take some time for herself. I can tell you this though, she's not mad at you at all. She wanted me to tell you that for her sake. " I'm glad that Sofia's not mad at me because I really do care about her, and I wouldn't want a stupid little love triangle be the reason that we're not friends anymore.

" Oh what a releif " I say while taking a breath. I look at Giulia who chuckles. I sigh and start to tear up.

" Giulia, he likes me... he actually likes me... and yet it seems like he hates me at the same time. " I say while crying. She looks at me with sadness and then the next few words catch me by surprise.

" Oh forget him Luca! He's obviously just a jerk who just wanted to hurt you. You can do so much better than him, ya know? " She says happily. I look at her with disgust and I scoot farther away from her.

" Giulia... how could you say that? didn't we have a plan to do exactly what he just did? didn't we come up with a plan to make him jealous so that he would like me? and besides that, he's your brother! how could you say that about family... and what do you mean by I could do better? " I say to her in a rude tone

" Oh cmon luca, you can't be that oblivious to all this. sure he may be family but remember, he's not really my brother so I don't really have to care for him... and you know you could be with someone who actually cares about you and doesn't try to cause you any harm " she says with a smirk. I get up and what she does next shocks me.

" really? who could be better than Alberto "

" Me! " She says while pulling me into a kiss. I immediately push her away from me and instantly.

" WHAT THE HECK GIULIA WHAT ARE YOU DOING??? HOW LONG HAVE YOU LIKED ME FOR ???? " I say while screaming at her. She gets up and I can see that I made her anrgy.

" OH COME ON LUCA, IT'S NOT THAT OBVIOUS THAT I LIKED YOU, HECK I'VE LIKED YOU SINCE THE FIRST DAY WE MET. I NEVER TOLD YOU BECAUSE YOU ALWAYS WENT ON AND ON ABOUT STUPID ALBERTO AND I HAD TO SIT THERE QUIETLY HELPING YOU THROUGH ALL THE SAD TIMES WITHOUT HIM, WHILE I HAD TO SURPRESS MY FEELINGS FOR YOU " She screams to me with tears in her eyes.

" THE ONLY REASON I AGREED TO THIS WAS SO THAT YOU COULD SEE THAT ALBERTO WAS IN LOVE WITH SOFIA AND SO THAT I WOULD MAYBE HAVE A CHANCE WITH YOU, BUT NOOO!!! YOU HAD TO GO AHEAD AND FALL IN LOVE WITH HIM INSTEAD OF ME " I can tell that she was upset. her whole face wasa filled with tears, and I started to feel bad.

" Giulia ? " i say as i try to grab her shoulder. she slaps my hand away and she starts to leave. " Giulia wait! " I call to her

" No... I can't be around you right now Luca. I need space from you for a few days. And... you're not welcome at my house until I say so. " she says while heading back to her home. I sigh and fall down to the ground and stare at the sky

What do I do... both of my best friends like me, and I only really like one of them in that type of way, and While I care about the other... they're just a friend to me. I don't know what to do anymore at this point in my life. I care about them both, and yet I'm torn right now. they both probably hate me at this point and there's nothing I can do. I get up and decide to see if I can find Alberto. maybe he'll open up and we can talk for a little bit about his feelings. I jump into the sea and swim to the only place that I could think of that he would be. the Tower on the Island. I swim as fast as I can and reach the tower. I look and everythings thrown on the floor. it reminds me of the time when we... had our first fight. I climb up the ladder and see alberto sitting at the edge of the tower by himself. " A-Alberto " I say while stuttering. he doesn't look back at me.

" I don't get it. " He says with a cold voice.

" What don't you get? " I sheepishly ask. he turns around and i can see that he had tears in his face but he was mostly mad.

" I don't get it! How is that you just being around someone else or talking to them can get me so worked up, and when I do it you don't even care! I was flirting with Sofia today to just make you jealous and it didn't even work! And yet when you and her were laughing and having fun I was Pissed off! " he shouted at me.

" wait... you we're trying to make me jealous? " I asked with concern. He stopped in his tracks and he looked at me and he just lost it

" YES THATS WHAT IVE BEEN TRYING TO DO ALL DAY!! I WAS ONLY FLIRTING WITH BECAUSE I WANTED YOU TO FEEL THE SAME WAY I DID, WHENEVER YOU WOULD HANGOUT WITH GIULIA!! IVE ONLY BEEN WITH SOFIA BECAUSE SHE REMINDED ME OF YOU JUST A LITTLE BIT, BUT NOOO SHE'S JUST AN ANNOYING BRAT AND THE ONLY THING YOU TWO HAVE IN COMMON IS HOW YOU LOOK ALIKE... I needed to keep apart of you with me after you left... you forgot about me but I never forgot about you " he said while sobbing

My heart was aching. This entire time he was only with Sofia because she reminded him of me and he's been flirting with her because he wanted me to care for him. I start crying and I run up to him and embrace him in a hug. He hugs me back tightly to a point where I couldn't breathe, but I didn't care. With tears in his eyes he got up and he...

He kissed me

————————————————————————
Let's go I finished the chapter!! Sorry about the whole scheduling mix up! I've been very busy and I realized those times weren't working at the moment! I'll just go back to writing whenever honestly lol. Well next chapter is coming out soon!!