29.

V O T E + C O M M E M T

A few days had gone by since the blowup between Rome and Aubrey. As the days passed Talia, the more she began to be at ease with the thoughts of Aubrey not retaliating in any way towards them. She thought Aubrey would've taken the time to send the divorce papers to their divorce lawyers. Sadly Talia received the same news from the lawyer every time she called in for an update. Aubrey is still refusing to speak nor sign anything concerning their divorce and separation. 

So instead of worrying about their divorce, she chose to focus on her business and the upcoming expansions. Talia heard a few raps against the door of her office, "come in!" She said from the seat of her office chair, her eyes never lifting from the series of invoices from the past month.

Once she heard the door open and close again, she took the time to acknowledge the person who entered her office. "What did I tell you?" She huffed, gripping at her pen with a deathly grip feeling her once peace of mind becoming fractured as her eyes locked with the browns of her soon to be ex-husbands.

Aubrey gave her a slight grin as he slowly approached her desk. Unbuttoning the front of his suit, "Oh, so you can breeze on through my crib, but I can't come to talk to you about that nigga feeling the need to tell me how he feels?" Aubrey questions,

Talia gave her eye's a mean roll, looking back down to the paperwork in front of her as she continued on. "Not that I owe you an explanation," she sighed, "I didn't tell him to call you Aubrey; he was just upset with everything that's been going on." She tells him,

"Everything that's going on?" Aubrey chuckled lightly, "he has no place to speak on anything that is going on." He eyed her, finding a seat in front of her desk as Talia continued to ignore his presence.

"Yes, he does. He is the father of my babies and my soon-to-be husband." Talia said calmly, fact-checking him. Aubrey wiped his palm over his face, trying his best to contain his anger. He may have contained his rage beautifully but that only left room for his face to mirror his rage. "you still wanna keep that up?" He asked, watching her lift her head to his question.

"Keep what up, Aubrey?" She sighs, not wanting anything to do with him. All that she knew is that she would need to grill Yami on how the hell he could've made it back into her office.

"Talia, you know you're pregnant with my kids, so stop playing with me," he calmly stated.

For a moment, it remained silent; Talia reminded calm under his shady gaze. "How do you know I'm having your kids? I don't understand," She asked, lacing her fingers together on top of her desk relaxing back a bit into her chair.

"From the timeline, we were together a lot that weekend," he grinned, "I want a paternity test," he shot at her; for some reason, Aubrey knew that it wasn't necessary, but the fact that Talia would go out of her way to deny him of something that was so blatantly clear to him and a select few was entertaining to him.

"During that time, believe it or not, but Rome and I were together more. You and I, not so much," she said.

"No?" Aubrey laughed, "first you hide this sucker Nigga for a year now you're trying to have your perfect little family with our kids." He gritted through his teeth.

"They aren't yours, Aubrey, and I know that's hard to understand—"

"What's not going to be hard to understand is how his body ends up in the fucking morgue." Aubrey threatens, his eyes on his wrists fixing the Richard Millie watch that Talia gifted to him for his first fathers day. He only wore it on special occasions, and to Aubrey, violating a restraining order and putting himself at risk of getting locked up again was a special occasion.