seventy-three

I walked out to the rest of the group, and stood there trying to not focus on the god. i mean guy next to me.

My body tingled like how it was when we first had met. I hated it. I missed him but i don't want to forgive him or even listen to him. I don't want to be hurt again.

"Alright class. It's going to be an easy day. We can do whatever idc."

"I say kickball." Someone had mentioned. Everyone else agreed, and the teacher went to grab the rest of the equipment.

"Do you guys want to pick teams or do you want to just want to do the same teams you guys have been doing." The teacher asked.

"Let's just keep the same team." Someone i think his name was Tristen had said. "Mercedes can be on my team." He said then winked at me.

I followed the rest of the team as they were kicking first. I was pretty good at this game, but i felt awkward being in a class of boys.

The other team, which Paxton happened to be on, hadnt had a designated person for a base. They were mainly scattered.

"Whose kicking first." Tristen asked, and looked around. His eyes met mine. "You can go. We can see what you got. Don't be shy."

I glared at him. I wanted to show them what kind of kick i can have, but i didn't want to. So when i kicked i tapped it and barely ran. I didn't try, so i was an easy out.
.
.
.
A couple of rounds had gone, and i couldn't tell you who was winning but i could tell you that my team didn't like me.

"You guys are close in points." The teacher has said. My team had got hyped up and looked more than ready to kick.

When i was in line Tristen had nudged me. "Listen, i know you're in a awkward stage right now because Paxton is over there, but kick the damn ball."

I blankly looked at him and went up to the base. The guy had rolled the ball to me and i kicked it pretty power fully. I saw 4 guys running after the ball, and i sprinted.

I felt good. I forgot about Paxton for a second, completely forgetting that he closer to second. The next kicker had kicked the ball short so Paxton ran to the ball and sprinted to second.

My body had fell forward and i quickly put my hand on the base, as his foot fell on a second after. "Safe" the teacher said, as i laid on the floor.

i say myself up, and Paxton grabbed my hand and pulled me up. I didn't have much of a choice but to let him. "Thanks."

"Mercedes." I looked the other way, and ignored him. "Fuck Mercedes." He sighed. "I don't even care anymore. You love me. I know you do."

i ran to the other base to get out of that conversation, but then the teacher told us to clean everything up.

Everyone had rushed into the locker room and Paxton grabbed my arm and lead me to a corner.

"What the hell Paxton." I said, and he shushed me.

"Get in." He opened a door and pushed me in, then followed me in.

"I want to get things right." I stared at him.

My body was going crazy. I wanted him a lot. I missed him a lot, but i've been holding back for a while. I've been preventing myself from going to his house and starting over and i've been keeping myself from interacting.

This is making it merely impossible at this point. "Shoving me in a closest isnt going to do anything."

"I didn't cheat on you."

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Mhm."

"Not this again."