Introduction

If you already read the description, you can skip this because it's the same thing copy-pasted.

For 17-year-old high school senior Evan Brooks, life could be better. He's a social outcast at school, stuck in a rural small town he never wanted to move to, and he's got a secret he's desperately trying to keep: he's gay. When his family decides to embark on a weekend vacation to Florida for his birthday, none of them can anticipate how much a simple 3-day road trip will change their lives forever.

CONTENT WARNING/TRIGGERS: Please note that this story contains very strong language at times and some mature themes. Some characters face emotional abuse. There is also a small amount of physical abuse, but it is mostly implied apart from one scene which is not extremely graphic. Some characters are homophobic, and a slur is used a handful of times. I tried my best to include as many triggers I could think of, but if you notice anything else in the story that may potentially be one please feel free to let me know and I will add it as a warning. Thank you :)

As for genre, this story contains a little bit of everything. I'd say it's an LGBT Coming-of-Age Romantic Comedy Drama. I know that's a lot, lol.

This is my first ever attempt at writing a fully-fledged fictional story, so please go easy on me :) I hope you enjoy!

This story has a soundtrack! Here's a link to a playlist on Spotify featuring all of the songs: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2GRDVy6mLydfwzc8BcguOE