⤜∞⤛ Getting Cordial

Anaisha had just finished straightening her hair when the doorbell rang

Anaisha had just finished straightening her hair when the doorbell rang. She checked the time to be eight and wondered who it could be at the door. Swiftly, she combed her hair with proper side-parting and let it open. On the way to the door, she skillfully buttoned her burgundy satin shirt, and whilst tugging it into her black high waist pants, she opened the door.

She was taken aback by seeing a young woman in a black blouse and floral mint-green saree. The hem of the Pallu tucked into her petticoat. She was tall and lean and her hair in a messy low bun.

"Um, who are you?" Anaisha asked, adjusting the collar of her shirt. She couldn't look away from the large black bindi of that woman,

"I am Rasika. The Saheb opposite your apartment has sent me to you. He said you might be needing a maid and a cook. I had requested him to help me find more work and so he suggested you." She looked hopeful. Anaisha hummed. She glanced at the door to Hasan's flat and looked back at her.

"Yeah, I need your service."

Rasika's face lit up as she thanked her. Next few minutes, the two women discussed their timing and money.

In the end, they were happy with the arrangement. Rasika took her to leave, humbly folding her hands and did a small curtsey. Anaisha smiled, nodding. Just as she was about to turn Hasan opened his main door. She was startled but he noticed her only after a moment. They shared a glance and then she was distracted by a white furry feline at his feet. She purred, nuzzling against his leg.

Anaisha's right eyebrow raised watching Hasan kneel and play with the cat for a while. He gently ushered her inside and bid goodbye. Anaisha was even more surprised hearing him speak to the cat.

"Be a good kitty cat and wait for Daddy, okay."

Anaisha's eyes widened, and her heart skipped a beat. The talk gave her not so innocent thoughts. She licked her lips and turned but before she could close the door, Hasan called her. She stilled.

"Did you talk with Rasika? Did it work?"

Anaisha rapidly nodding, touching her neck. She was glad he couldn't read her mind else he would have known about her embarrassing thought.

"Thanks."

"So,"- Hasan hesitated, - "Coming to college?"

Anaisha shook her head, - "No, actually I am headed to Tikata consultant for my job interview." She informed and he nodded thoughtfully.

"Okay, all the best. Bye." He adjusted the sling of his bag on his shoulder.

"Bye."

Anaisha watched him walk away, then he took a turn and disappeared at the stairway. She exhaled deeply and stepped inside her apartment.

 She exhaled deeply and stepped inside her apartment