Chapter 9: Distress signal.

A/N: I didn't get mountain during his banner. I did get Mostima though, even though I was unlucky to get Ifrit the day before via recruitment for AOE arts damage...

------------------------------------

*ACHOO!!!*

Sebastian sneezed heavily still half asleep because of something that just brushed against his nose. Making him push a painful grunt.

*Dad sneezing!!!*

He sneezed again feeling once more something hairy brushing against his face once more making him growl again like a troglodyte bear that would have been awakened in his den. Feeling the softness and comfort of his bed under his back and on his chest he could feel his sheets although he also felt a weight against him. Quickly he opened his eyes to discover what was bothering him so much. His eyes swept over his bed as the light from the huge bay window blinded him in the morning, the dawn having just broken over the desert. At least he had gotten up at the same time as usual, around four in the morning. His eyes stopped at his right, against him in his double bed was a figure he recognized immediately. Red was sleeping on his bed. A drop of cold sweat beaded along his forehead as his heart stopped. He lifted the sheets slightly and could see that he was still wearing his underwear, he looked at the peacefully sleeping young woman to see her still dressed except for her red coat which was next to her bed, then he sighed with relief, letting his head fall back against his pillow knowing that he had done nothing last night. Alcohol had a tendency to attack his memory when he abused it. Blackouts after a party were far from being something unknown to him, but this time he had all the memories of what he had done last night. Then he hit himself in the face, his cheeks abundantly red, remembering everything he had said to Nearl during the evening. Fortunately the Kuranta hadn't taken it the wrong way or he would have blamed himself. Enjoying her company as a person and a friend, he would have been hard pressed to see her turn her back on him because of his drunken behavior. He heard the girl's wolf ears twitching and thumping against the sheets, surely stimulated by the sound of the doctor's hand against her face. He took a second to look at the young woman, she was lying on her side facing Sebastian, but her head was facing the end of the bed and was the reason why the lupo's wolf tail was brushing against her face. The appendage wagging by itself even though the young woman was asleep. He looked at the face of Red, to see her asleep in the biggest of the peace her soft and calm breathing, every time she exhaled pushing a light noise quite simply adorable. He first wondered how the lupo had gotten into his room, then remembered that he had not locked the door of his room, then wondered why she had decided to sleep with him in the first place. He asked himself the question for several dozen seconds without finding an answer, deciding to give up he got up from his bed and saw that the young woman was frowning her facial expression much less calm as she tried desperately to grab something, where Sebastian was before, seeing that he took his still warm pillow and put it gently in the arms of the young woman who hugged it tightly, her tail wagging even more in his back.

Sebastian: 'Is it really her Projekt Red?'

Remembering that he had the young woman's file, the doctor walked down the stairs to his library and pulled a file from his archives, the file of the assassin lupo. He began to read the file quickly, the service records which were not top secret for him, the opinions of the other operators etc. And it was terrifying to say the least. Perhaps more so than his own service record.

Sebastian: 'Red is and always has been a formidable assassin, she may have been something else at one point in her life, but the fact is that as her personal psychologist, I can say that there is no hope for her to become anything other than what she is now and it is up to the doctor to accept that reality. -Dr. Kal'tsit' ...You bitch...