Chapter 39

Right now my whole family was standing outside the Orlando's house. I had my arms crossed and my eyes narrowed. Yup you guessed right my brother and I had a fight. "Y/n cheer up we're going to your best friends house" My mom said. I huffed and started patting down my dress. Just then the door opened. And I heard Johnny say Hi. An unconscious smile spread on my face. "Hi Johnny, How are you?" My mom smiled and asked him while entering the house. I smiled hugely at Johnny as I also entered their house. He returned the smile with a smile that melted my insides. My family started walking in front of us so John came and started walking with me. When I noticed this I looked towards him and one look in his beautiful green eyes made me start dreaming. "Y/n/n you still with me?" I heard John snapping me back into reality. "Of course where else would I be" I said letting my hair fall down on my face to hide my blush. "Well you were looking at me weirdly" John shrugged. My eyes widened and I looked at him in shock. Was I actually looking at him dreamily? He started chuckling. "God Y/n why are you so scared?" he said still chuckling. I playfully rolled my eyes and pushed him playfully. Which caused him to laugh even louder. "What's the joke?" I heard my and Aunt Meredith say. I looked up to see that my whole family and the whole Orlando was looking me and Johnny. Embarrassed I blushed crimson and shot a glare to Johnny who was still stifling a laugh. "Lauren" I said shaking my thoughts and going forward to hug her.
We were all sitting for dinner. The grown-ups were talking about some situation going on in Toronto. While Maddie, Darian and Johnny were arguing on some caption John wanted to put on his post. So Lauren and I started talking about our parents weird behavior again. "You know maybe they want to surprise us with something" I said thoughtfully. "You could be right" Lauren agreed with me also thoughtfully. "What could it be?" I asked her. "How am I supposed to know?" She said. "Any guess?" I asked her. "How about this as a guess......we're moving in together somewhere" She said smiling. "Huh?' I said confused. "You know like....Your parents and my parents decided that we all should move in one house" She said sounding too excited. "That's never happening Lauren" I laughed. "I know but we can still hope maybe one day" She said sadly. "Maybe when we grow up we could move in an apartment together" I suggested knowing now this conversation was going to be based on fantasizing. "Yeah a cute little apartment....oooo that'd be soo exciting" Lauren said clearly also knowing that we'd be day dreaming now. While discussing dream apartments I heard John say " What are you girls talking about?" Lauren and I looked up. "Oh just about moving together after we grow up and be allowed to move out" I said smiling at him. God I need to stop being so happy every time he talks to me or looks at me. "You know as much people glamorize the idea of living together. It can be a huge mess too" Maddie said. "Hmm you're right I've heard really close friends drift apart because of living together." Lauren said. "That's why we were just fantasizing of living together not actually planning" I said to Maddie. We continued to talk with each other.

After dinner both families decided to play charades. We also decided, after 15 minutes of discussion, that we should play in teams. So then after another long decision we decided on the teams. Lauren, Y/b/n, Darian, Johnny and I were in one team. While Maddison, Aunt Meredith, dad, mom and Uncle Dale were on one team. My team laughed about how we were the young team and all the older people were in one team. Poor Maddie. My team went to sit on a couch. Lauren sat on the bean bag right next to the couch and I sat on the arm of the couch. So then after a long game of charades we looked at the time and realized that there were 5 minutes to midnight. We all stopped playing and turned on the TV. Then we all started waiting for the countdown to begin. Lauren and I brought some confetti canons too. So when the countdown began we were all really excited. At 0 we all shot the canons and there was confetti was all around us. I don't know what came over us but I think all the excitement got us hugging each other. I don't know how but Johnny and I ended up getting closer to each other and then once we realized that we were in arms reach. John lifted me up and spun me around. At first I didn't know what was going on but once I realized what was happening (I think at the same time John also realized what just happened) John let me down both our eyes wide but still staring at each other. John let me down but his arms were still around my back. We both stared into each others eyes for what seemed an eternity. We only broke away when I heard Lauren call my name. As quick as a flash John let me go and I looked at her. As soon as I left the world of John's eyes I realized the whole room was looking at me with amused faces except Lauren who had a frown on her face. I turned red and smiled sheepishly.
Thank goodness suddenly mom called everyone to her attention. "So Meredith, Dale and Y/f/n decided that as a gift and happiness for the new year we all should go on a trip to ski resort......" She shouted at the end. "WHAT" Johnny, Lauren and I shouted. Guess we were the only ones who didn't know. "Yup we're all going to Vail Ski resort" Aunt Meredith said.
We all just stared at her in shock......