7.1

The next morning Brian goes to meet with Tanner to take down Tran. Dixie goes to the garage to help with the car. Dixie and Letty put the decal on the car while Leon and Dom work on setting up the NOS. After they finish that Dixie and Leon leave.
That night Brian is called to check in.
"Yes, sir. Yeah, I know, but. Yeah. Yes, sir. Yeah. I got it," Bilkins says as he is on the phone before he walks over to them. "The DVD players were purchased legally. All we've got are a couple of low-rent weapons charges and some outstanding speeding tickets."
"So, they're out," Tanner says with a sigh.
"Yeah. Father bailed them out," Bilkins says with a nod. "Is this the kind of intelligence I can expect from you, O'Conner?"
"You're gonna put this on me?" Brian asks him.
"I can put it on whoever I want to. Perks of the job," Bilkins says.
"No, you can't put this on me..." Brian tries to argue.
"No, wait a minute. Let me tell you. I don't care if you have to aim at someone and blow your cover to smithereens. You've got 36 hours to crack this bastard or you might want to think about another career," Bilkins explains. Brian walks outside with Tanner.
"It's Toretto, Brian. It always has been Toretto. Tran and Hector are... They're just fumes," Tanner tells him. "I know you've been lying to me. My question is this: Have you been lying to yourself because you can't see past Mia?"
"I can see straight past Mia. Dom won't go back to prison," Brian explains to him, knowing that it is actually Dixie holding him back.
"Well, that's a choice he's going to have to make," Tanner says causing Brian to sigh. "There's all kinds of family, Brian. And that's a choice you're gonna have to make."

The next day the team besides Vince is at the garage because the car is done.
"You ready for this?" Letty asks as Brian, Dom, and Dixie get into the car. They are driving around testing everything thing out before they come to a red light and pull up beside a Ferrari.
"Nice car. What's the retail on one of those?" Brian asks the guy driving.
"More than you can afford, pal," The guy says as he revs his engine. "Ferrari."
"Smoke him," Dom tells Brian causing Dixie to smile in excitement. As soon as the light turns green they take off. The cars stay side by side until there is two cars in front of them. Brian has to weave through traffic in the other lane before they are beside the Ferrari again in front of the two cars. Brian then takes the lead and leaves them in the dust causing Dixie to giggle which causes Brian to smile. They pull up to a restaurant and get out before the Ferrari finally passes by.

"So, what's wrong, Brian?" Dom asks as Brian plays with his shrimp.
"Nothing, man, I'm fine," Brian answers him.
"Come on. Obviously something's off," Dom says before glancing at Dixie. "Right Dot?" Dixie nods in agreement as she looks at Brian worriedly.
"Look, I have my good days and bad days just like anybody else," Brian tells them.
"Brian, don't lose that cool of yours. That's your meal ticket," Dom tells him with a smirk.
"My meal ticket? I can't pay for my own shrimp?" Brian questions him.
"I got the shrimp," Dixie says as she pulls the tray towards her.
"No, that's one thing about me you don't understand. I don't take handouts. I earn my way, every step.  I just gotta earn something extra on the side, like you," Brian rants before he eats some of the shrimp causing Dixie to glance at Dom.
"What do you mean, like me? What's that supposed to mean?" Dom questions him.
"That's what I mean," Brian says.
"What does that mean, like me?" Dom asks him while sharing a confused look with Dixie.
"Don't try..." Brian starts as he gets riled up. "I'm not stupid, all right? I know that there's no way you paid for all that shit you got under the hood..." Dom motions for him to quiet down. "There's no way you paid for what's under the hood of those cars by doing tune-ups and selling groceries. Whatever it is you're in on, I want in on it, too." Dom and Brian stare at each other before Dom nods at Dixie, who smirks as she stands up. Dixie then reaches into her shorts pocket and pulls out a piece of paper before handing it to Brian. "Well, what is this?"
"Read it," Dom tells Brian as Dixie sits back down.
"What is this for?" Brian asks as he looks at the paper.
"It's directions. To Race Wars. We'll see how you do.  Then we'll talk," Dom answers as Dixie smiles because she is excited for race wars.
"The best thing we ever help start," Dixie says with a smirk.