2

S

S

APRIL.

"Congratulations you're going to Barbados!" Tina walks into my office holding a black folder while doing a dance and I jump out my seat "Before you turn up. It's business. You're gonna be modeling those swimsuits you made with Chanel. You know the embroidery ones" she explains and I sit down "Yeah, continue" I go back to my work while listening.

"You will also be attending a conference. Lots of investors, stock holders, you know" she explains and I make her speed up. I skipped over everything because I already knew, just needed a reminder.

"You leave tomorrow by the way" she puts down the folder with a smile before skipping out. I open the folder seeing the swimsuit designs, hotel reservations, plane ticket. I look at the time seeing my time here was almost over and I needed to pack.

"Fucking Tina" I grunt under my breath before shutting off my MacBook.

"Police are investigating a crime scene in downtown Chicago, it looks like a possible cartel—" I shut off my flat screen and place my laptop in my bag. I leave my office telling all my employees goodbye. I was in a good position.

I'm running almost a multimillion dollar company, I'm 23 and almost got Rihanna type status. I created skincare at first for melanin people because I was interested in the science, not a lot of companies know how to create products for issues people of a darker complexion face. I then started going the fashion route and creating clothes for women, the sexy feel good type ya know.

This opportunity here was gonna change my life. I feel it.

"Welcome to Barbados" I step into the lavish resort wearing the short white dress. The air-conditioning inside hugged my body with relief as I push up my sunglasses "Thank you, I need to get in the shower" I exhausted.

"Let me take care of your bags" he snaps his fingers and the bellboys rush to my luggage "Now let's take care of you Ms. Sinclair" he leads me to the main golden elevators as the bellboys go up a separate one "We have a beautiful spa a distance away from the resort, a beautiful short walk that really captures the beauty of Barbados" he explains through his accent and I understand every word.

"I'll check it out" I acknowledge the small fact "You must explore while you're here" the elevator reaches the 22 floor and we step off. My jaw drops looking outside the hallway windows and seeing the endless blue clear waters "Enjoy your stay" He hands me my card before entering the elevator.

"Thanks" I walk down the hallway before finding my room number and sliding the key inside. The door unlocks and I push it open. I see my bags near the bar-like counter top and I look at the large living room like space. I run to the other side seeing the presidential suite, my bed was fucking huge, I had large windows showing the entire beach near the hotel.