Chapter 9

"you sure it's okay to bring Dean over?" ruby asked as they drove down the road. "yes, they want to meet him" carlisle replied as he looked at Dean through the rearvew meior.

"I think they get along just fine" carlisle smiled. Ruby looked behind her shoulder at Dean who wasn't paying attention only playing around with his iron man action figure he obviously snuck out.

"woah, it's like a castle or Mansion" dean said as he stared out the window after the car came to a stop. Carlisle chuckled at the young Boys response and jump out of the car and was opening both of their doors in seconds.
Dean hoped out and pulled the hood of his Pikachu jacket off his head making his brown hair go everywhere.

"guys ruby and Dean are here" Emmett said from the top story of the house. He was up by the rail so he could easily spot them as they came in. 

"nice to see you again little dude" Emmett said coming down the stairs. Dean didn't shy away this time. He stood in front of his mom and happily waved at the buff vampire. "hayo Emmett"

Dean and Emmett joked around for a bit before the hole family moved into the living room were the young boy was. When they all saw ruby they quickly asked the same question Emmett did.

"I'm fine girls really" she said to Alice and Rosalie. She then looked down to Dean who was staring up at the two girls.

"dean this is Alice and Rosalie" ruby said picking up her son and pointing at the girls. "he adorable" Rosalie smiled big as Dean waved at her with a big toothy grein. "I'm so glad to meet you Dean" Alice responded with her usual upbeat attitude.

"you guys are nice and pretty" he said as slide down his mother's hip so he could stand by himself. Alice then looked over her shoulder and saw Jasper peaking over obviously trying to hide something.

"oh yeah we have a surprise for Dean, actually both of you" Alice said with a big smile. "kinda of a 'welcome to the family' thing and trust me you both will love it" she quickly left and ruby turned to carlisle.

"should I be scared?" ruby said looking at Esme. carlisle smiled and kissed the top of her head. "it will be fine"

"you both will love it" Esme smiles.

"did you help on this 'surprise'?" carlisle nodded. "I helped pick it out but it was Rosalie's idea" he said. Ruby didn't notice Alice walk in with the surprise but Dean did right off the bat.

"a puppy!" ruby looked down and saw Dean on the wooden floor getting licked by a golden Retriever puppy. Ruby's heart immediately melted and she fell to her knees not caring about her head. She sat next to her son petting the puppy. "this is definitely a surprise" ruby laughed as the puppy moved from the young boy and jumped on ruby's chest.

"what are you gonna name him?" Alice asked kneeling down between the mother and son. "what do you think Dean?"

Dean looked up like he was thinking "how about Bucky?" he smiled big "like the winter soldier"

"Bucky is perfect" carlisle smiled as the young boy stood up and tried to pick up the golden pup. Dean couldn't keep with him up so he fell backwards with a thud. Before ruby could help him up Bucky raced to the child's side and stared licking his face.

"don't tell me you already gave her the puppy" Eliot said coming into the living room after just getting home. Eliot laughed as used his speed. He left and was back the next second holding an old baseball.

Eliot let out a whistle making the dog perk up and leave the child's side. As Dean's giggles died down Bucky was hoping at Eliot's feet trying to get the ball. He tossed it to Dean and started to play tug-of-war. "how's your head?" Eliot asked.

"I'm fine" she said getting a little annoyed at the same question being asked over and over.

"tomorrow we'll pick out a collar and some toys after I get home from work" she said to her son as he was rolling around on the living room floor with his new puppy completely forgetting he was supposed to meet and get to know the family.

"how's Edward by the way?" ruby asked the family. "hiding in his room... But I think he's fine" Emmett responded.
"I don't think this hole Bella thing is a good thing" Rosalie spoke truthfully.

"you guys will get through it and I'm always here to help" ruby said. The family smiled as carlisle wrapped his arms around her waist from behind.