Chapter 26

"ruby?" I hear a soft voice speak. I squeezed my eye before slowing opening them. I looked around and saw my mom setting at the foot of my bed.

"where am I?" I looked around the the pale room seeing I was in a hospital. "hospital"

My mind immediately shot to Dean and the others when I noticed I couldn't see them. I set up quickly dispite the pain. "dean? Where's Dean"

My mom shushed me and pointed to a couch where Seth and Dean both were fast asleep. I layed back down and sighed with relief. My mom softly brushed some hair out of my face. "the tracker is gone baby. The Cullens got him"

I nodded. "thank god" I looked around and sighed trying to remember everything. I only remember the determination I had for looking for my son and then the Cullens coming to the rescue. "where's carlisle?"

"down in the cafeteria with Charlie, he offered to get Seth and Dean some food" my mom replied. "where's Leah? She okay?"

My mom nodded. "surprisingly she's with carlisle, I don't know if she's being civil but" my mom joked. I slightly chunkled knowing my sister would indeed test carlisle unlimited amount of patients. Just to see if she could try.

The sound of door slowly opening filled the room. I smiled when I saw who was on the other side of the door. "what's up Doc?" carlisle chuckled and sat down next to me.

"everyone okay?" I asked. He nodded and took my hand. "everyones fine" he smiled and gently kissed my forehead. My mom smiled and got up.

"I let you guys talk" she wavyed awkwardly and quickly approached the door. You probably would have neve guessed but my mother indeed has a dirty mind.

"Dean's alright? Right?" I asked looking over at my sleeping son. Carlisle nodded. "he doesn't remember any of it. Rosalie found him while we got ride of James. She stayed with him till your mother and father came." he explained.

"I'm not ready to have the talk with him. He knows about the Wolves, he's seen Paul but the vampire thing it's just...." I trailed off and looked at my boyfriend with glossy eyes.

"everything is gonna be okay" he reassured me. He then sighed and looked down like something was eating him alive. I moved over to one side of the bed and pulled carlisle to the empty part. He carefully moved to my side and rested my head on his chest. "what's bothering you?" I asked.

"I promised you I wouldn't let anything hurt you and Dean... I didn't do a very good job last night" he whispered hidding his face in my hair. I quickly shook my head and looked up at him.

"it wasn't your fault... And where both fine and still in one piece"

"we'll be okay now"

🔹▫️🔹▫️🔹▫️🔹

"Leah let's go!" I shouted from the stairs.

"Leah your boyfriends here!" Seth teased from the couch. I rolled mu eyes at my little brother who was setting on the couch with Dean watching Harry Potter and the goblet of fire.

"you sure you guys will be okay?" I asked the two boys. They didn't look up from the TV and only nodded. I rolled my eyes at my hypnotized son and brother.

The boy finally knocked and I let him in. "hello Fred, Leah will be right down" the boy nodded and waited by the door.

"Leah your dates here!" Leah finally came down with a grumpy look. I raised and eye brow and motioned for her to smile she did and waved at him. "hay freddie" she said.

I quickly snapped a picture and they left. "have fun kids.. But not too much fun" I joked and shut down before Leah could have a snapy come back. Now that they left I could go chaperone the school's prom.

When I got there almost everyone was already there. I walked in and was slapped on the face God awful music blasting. I looked around the dim room keeping an eye on everyone. Honestly I could care less about what they do. As long as they aren't doing drugs or burning the school down.

"you know I've already collected four flasks" Eliot said coming up behind me. I jumped and grabbed my chest. "Jesus, Eliot wear a bell"

He smirked. "you'd think a werewolf/vampire hybrid would be more aware" I slapped his arm. "hard to constraint with this god awful music"

He nodded agreeing. "would it hurt them to play some Elton john or maybe even some guns n Roses?" I luaghed at his comment. Eliot then looked around and nudgged my shoulder.

"someone is out side for you by the way" I raised an eye brow and asked why. He just shoved me forward gently and told me to go. I walked outside and looked around.

"you look beautiful" looked over and saw carlisle leaning on a tree. I smiled. "what are you doing here?" he shrugged and fixed his black suit Jacket.

"chaperoning" he replied and placed his hands on my hips. I nodded. "oh really?" he nodded

Suddenly got quieter as softer song started to play from inside. Carlisle held our his hand. "care to dance?" I playfully rolled my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck. "sure"

We slowly swayed to Elvis Presley's I can't help falling in love with you. I smiled and rested my head on his chest. I never felt this safe before. We both knew it would be hard but I didn't really matter. As long as we had each other and protected our family we would  be fine.

~End of twilight ~