《 4 》

Yoongi's POV

I was slowly pacing back and forth in front of the warriors as they did their daily drills, making corrections when needed when Jeongguk mind-linked me again. *Hyung, meet me at the southern border. One of the pack members reported a passed out rogue. *

*Okay, I'm on my way. * "Practice is over for today, go home, and rest," my voice boomed across the field. I swiftly turned around, stripping down behind a tree before changing into my wolf form. I picked the clothes up in my mouth, then began running to the border and saw Jeongguk's broad brown wolf slowly pacing along the border. * Jeongguk, where are they? * I ask through the mind link.

* This way Hyung. * He said, motioning his head in the direction he wanted me to follow him. We started walking in the rogue's direction when I felt an odd, yet comforting sensation run through my body, sending chills down my spine. I tried my best to brush it off and catch up to Jeongguk, who had sped ahead slightly. We continued walking when the sweetest smell made contact with my nose. It smelled of cherry blossoms, freshly baked macaroons with an undertone of vanilla. And it hit me like a truck, making me nearly stumble over my own paws as my legs went weak for a split second. It reminded me of a cafe or a bakery, warm and sweet. It felt like coming home.

* MATE! * My wolf exclaimed, emptying my head of any other thoughts. As soon as I heard that my ears perked up before sprinting in the direction of my mate's scent, discarding the clothes that were previously in my mouth. I could hear Jeongguk calling out through the link, but I didn't care. I needed to see my mate. I pushed myself to keep running despite my slight fatigue and the soreness slowly creeping up my legs, trying to keep a hold of the scent, hoping they would meet me halfway. I've spent four long, painful, lonely years without them. I won't lose them now. *Something doesn't feel right, * my wolf said frantically, pulling me to run faster. Stepping past the border into neutral territory, the scent of my mate grew stronger. I frantically looked around for them when my eyes spotted a small, white wolf laying on the ground next to the border, her snow-white fur a stark contrast to the grass she was laying in. I quickly jogged over to them. I looked down at the tiny figure in front of me. Judging by her scent and small stature, I'd say they're an Omega and possibly a Trueblood at that. I felt my chest swell with happiness at the sight of them, almost not believing they were right in front of me. I bent down closer to her face, nudging it with my wet nose, letting out a small whimper when she didn't react. I noticed some shallow scratches along her sides, and a few small patches of missing fur. They weren't bad injuries, but it still hurt me to see them hurt. I lightly licked the side of her face, cleaning off some of the dirt before nuzzling my nose into her fur. I was so busy staring at her and taking her in, I didn't notice Jeongguk walking up behind us with my clothes on his back until he called out to me.

* Hyung, why'd you run off like that? * My head shot up as I spun around, stepping over my mate, firmly placing my paws on the ground around her, releasing threatening pheromones before letting out a low growl towards the younger Alpha.

* Mine. * I growled louder, causing Jeongguk to stumble back slightly.

* Calm down Hyung, it's me. I'm not going to do anything. So just breathe and talk to me.* I relaxed slightly but still kept my guard up, still snarling at the younger Alpha. I knew Jeongguk would never do anything, but I honestly wasn't in my right mind right now. *Hyung, this is your mate, right?* He asked, using his head to gesture to the girl behind me. I give him a sharp nod in response. *Okay then, let's take her back to the pack and have Haru and Eunji take a look at her.* I nodded again before transforming out of my wolf so I could carry her. After changing back into my clothes that Jeongguk had set on the ground in front of me, I kneeled down, easily picking up the small wolf and the bag she had next to her into my firm hold. When my hands made contact with her, this feeling of sparks shot through me. It was this amazingly soothing and euphoric feeling. I felt a small smile creep onto my face just looking at her. I pulled her in closer to me, taking in her sweet, intoxicating scent, unconsciously releasing more protective pheromones. We started heading towards the main pack house, her wolf lying limp in my arms. Jeongguk was walking a few feet away from me because if he stepped any closer I'd growl at him without meaning to. As we walked back into the village, I noticed almost everyone was staring at me, holding my mate in my arms, and whoever wasn't eventually stopped to watch the spectacle as well. I didn't like all the stares and attention she was getting, especially while she was in such a vulnerable state. There was a low rumble in my chest and a faint growl emitting from the back of my throat, which I tried my best to suppress as I pulled her closer to my chest, darting glares at any male Alpha that laid their eyes on her. We reached the main pack house and right as we stepped inside, Jeongguk called out for his mate. "Haru, you there?"

"Kookie~." We turned to the side to see Haru running into Jeongguk's open arms, smiling brightly, which Jeongguk returned with his signature bunny smile.

"Hey, you miss me?"

"Of course-" I cleared my throat, gaining their attention, not really having any patience right now for their sickeningly sweet displays of affection. When they looked at me, Haru's eyes immediately went to my mate.

"Who's that Yoongi?" She mused, pointing at the small wolf in my arms.

"My mate, we found her this way right outside the border. Could you take a look at her, please?" I pleaded, hoping that the reason she had passed out wasn't deathly serious.

"Of course." She motioned her hands, signaling for me to follow her into her office. When we stepped in, I set my mate down on the medical bed for her to be examined. Haru walked towards my mate lying on the bed, and I felt myself growing protective again.

"Step. Back," I said through gritted teeth, trying my best not to push her away.

"Yoongi, it's just me, you've known me for years and you're the one who asked me to help her, so you have to let me help her," Haru said, trying her best to reason with me since she's probably dealt with this situation millions of times before with past patients. I had been grasping onto my mate when I gently but reluctantly let her go, letting out a deep sigh, attempting to calm myself and my wolf down. I knew Haru wasn't a threat, so I knew I shouldn't be worried.

"Okay Haru, I'm trusting you. Call Eunji in and have her help," I said firmly. She gave me a reassuring look in return.

"Everything will be fine, but I will need full privacy while I do the check-up. I'll get you as soon as It's done."

"Fine." I huff as I smile at my mate quickly before exiting the office with Jeongguk, who was going to stay with me till Haru and Eunji were finished, leaving a lingering gaze on her.